Organizing CameraRoll folder?

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyway to organize all pictures in cameraroll into folders?
It's getting ridiculously long.

What is the expected procedure here? Should we keep deleting stuff from this folder after backing them up to PC? or should we just leave it alone?

As far as I know, cameraroll is a resized copy of all pictures taken and uploaded automatically to skydrive. But nonetheless it'll be much better if we can at least put them into folders..

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there more? @ninjaap, watch SF-Philly Sun? Smith may pan out after all.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately, that's it as far as folders go.

Fortunately, I did see the Niners epic comeback yesterday and will see them live next week against the Bucs :)

rabit1

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
yeah well I hate to see all my pictures all jumbled up in one folder.. Date folder won't do, because I don't like my pets pictures, and my trade show pictures and my family pictures all on the same place.... so unorganized..

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
It would be nice. You can request it for our next upgrade. MS is looking at suggestions. I forgot the site. Just search "Windows Phone suggestion box".

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You can organize your pictures on folders in your PC and transfer them to Windows Phone. I do it for my wallpapers and it looks great.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You can, I have subfolders within my camera roll folder. How I did it? Im not exactly sure lol but I do know its possible

Hey, if you could write up a quick how-to would be sweet. I have looked on the web and haven't found anything. I'm sure I could figure it out but haven't spent the time doing so. If you don't want to write that up, I understand lol. I am sure many people would appreciate that type of info though.

Thank you

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey, if you could write up a quick how-to would be sweet. I have looked on the web and haven't found anything. I'm sure I could figure it out but haven't spent the time doing so. If you don't want to write that up, I understand lol. I am sure many people would appreciate that type of info though.

Thank you

Ok, I just took the time to figure this out lol.

Well depending on what your phone's sync settings are set to the process may differ a little. But say you have it set to Items I choose

1. Go to the Pictures folder on your desktop, then select from(your device name) that folder contains all the picture content from your phone.

2. Once inside, you will see all the main picture folders from your phone (excluding skydrive and etc.) You can either create a new folder here or keep moving and click on camera roll to place ur new folder within ur Camera Roll folder.

3. Once inside the folder Camera roll, create a New folder and name it.

4. Now fill it with desired content by dragging and dropping from the photos within the camera roll itself, or whatever source you choose.

5. Now within Zune go to your collection and then click photos. Not under your phone's collection, but from Zune itself, that Collection.

6. Now you should be able to see the folder(s) which you just created on your desktop, there on the left hand side under albums. (You may need to toggle the side arrow icon beside the album name for a drop down sub list to appear).

7. Now drag and drop to your phone Icon in the bottom left hand corner, let phone sync, and enjoy!

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just took the time to figure this out lol.

Well depending on what your phone's sync settings are set to the process may differ a little. But say you have it set to Items I choose

1. Go to the Pictures folder on your desktop, then select from(your device name) that folder contains all the picture content from your phone.

2. Once inside, you will see all the main picture folders from your phone (excluding skydrive and etc.) You can either create a new folder here or keep moving and click on camera roll to place ur new folder within ur Camera Roll folder.

3. Once inside the folder Camera roll, create a New folder and name it.

4. Now fill it with desired content by dragging and dropping from the photos within the camera roll itself, or whatever source you choose.

5. Now within Zune go to your collection and then click photos. Not under your phone's collection, but from Zune itself, that Collection.

6. Now you should be able to see the folder(s) which you just created on your desktop, there on the left hand side under albums. (You may need to toggle the side arrow icon beside the album name for a drop down sub list to appear).

7. Now drag and drop to your phone Icon in the bottom left hand corner, let phone sync, and enjoy!

Cool, thank you for that. I am def going to play around with that. I needed a way to organize as I have nearly a thousand pics now. This should be a sticky. Now if I could delete more than one at a time from the phone, ugh.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
OK, I have had a chance to mess around with that. That is cool for sure. One thing I had to do was to delete the photos that were going into that folder from my phone through Zune first, otherwise they were doubled up. I had to delete them first or it deleted the photos from the folder I added to to my phone as well. Not a biggie but now the pics I wanted are in the new folder only. So much better than sifting through a thousand photos, just sayin!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon