Podcast download question

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get new Podcasts without having the same ones download? I'm trying to figure this one out. Depending on which setting (oldest or newest) I choose, when I delete one, it automatically redownloads episodes ive already heard.

I now get them straight from the market place, but do I need to do this for all of them?

gerrymad

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I ran into this with a couple of podcasts which were orginially managed through Zune, but were later subscribed to directly on the phone. I ended up deleting the podcast and resubscribing and all is well.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I found it easier to have all my subscribed podcasts downloaded from the Zune PC software and synced wireless every night when I charge my phone. The only time I download from the marketplace is if I want to download some obscure podcast that I'm not subscribed to. I found that it makes a mess of your podcasts if you try to mix marketplace downloads and zune synced podcasts. I didnt care for the consistency that the direct downloading over 3g or wifi offered.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
If it's downloaded from the phone, long press on an episode and select mark as played. Otherwise it'll download the same episodes again. Same if you delete an episode. Not sure how this works with podcasts downloaded from the Zune client on the PC as I live on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If it's downloaded from the phone, long press on an episode and select mark as played. Otherwise it'll download the same episodes again. Same if you delete an episode. Not sure how this works with podcasts downloaded from the Zune client on the PC as I live on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

I think it's the same thing except you right-click and select mark as played.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon