What do you hope to get from Skype integration?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've seen lots of discussion on WHEN will it come, but not much about what people want it to include. I hope it includes google voice/android like ability to make calls via Skype instead of using your phone. It would be great is we could make calls over data when on wifi.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I hope to get Skype. As you said, integrated as deeply as Android version, though deeper (i.e, in the contact view, I can "dial" their phone, or Skype; can also choose which "number" has priority when I press contact to dial).

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I think it'll just be nice to have skype, end of. To be honest I'd be happy if they released an app now that just did the job and worried about FB/Twitter level deep integration later.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I want it to be nice and simple to a point that I don't even know Skype is there. I am going to break it down by hubs

Call hub
- I can call via Skype (wifi/3G) or PSTN
- Have a video chat option to other Skype users

Messaging hub
- Similar to MSN and Facebook, Skype messaging included
- If a friend has WP I can automatically message him using Skype instead of text

People hub
- Show all Skype contacts

Me hub
- Show how many Skype minutes I have or my Skype data plan

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I want it to be nice and simple to a point that I don't even know Skype is there. I am going to break it down by hubs

Call hub
- I can call via Skype (wifi/3G) or PSTN
- Have a video chat option to other Skype users

Messaging hub
- Similar to MSN and Facebook, Skype messaging included
- If a friend has WP I can automatically message him using Skype instead of text

People hub
- Show all Skype contacts

Me hub
- Show how many Skype minutes I have or my Skype data plan

Sounds good to me!

fogel35

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ldGb11XVG8&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

Hopefully it will be soon that we all will know how integrated it will be. According to this guy they are working WP7 first.

Last edited:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I have Skype on my computer and my Nokia N8.

I can make calls directly directly from my computer, which come in handy. I can make 3G or Wifi calls off my Nokia N8. It works real well on my phone. I've never had anyone complain about voice quality using Skype with 3G or WiFi.

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
good to know they are going to make it integrated on windows phone i don't know where i heard its going to be separated app the video posted by fogel35 correct my assumption looks like they are going to make it integrated which is what i was hoping for:happy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes