Any way to get more than 16 gb of storage?

eagle628

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've looked around a bit, but thus far I haven't found a single Windows Phone (save some Fujistu phone whose existance seems questionable) with more than 16 gigabytes of memory. Is this because I'm bad at searching, or is 16 really the most storage one can get?

I ask because I'm running out of memory on my 16 gb Zune, and I'd really like to stay with Microsoft for the replacement, and since Zune was killed, Windows Phone is the only way to do so if I want a device that's not years out of date.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

The only Windows Phones that come with more than 16GB were the Dell Venue Pro and the one you mentioned. (IS12T)

You can attempt a memory upgrade yourself on the Samsung Focus. (Shown in the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJcs38hXN4k

Welcome along to WPCentral eagle628

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Some devices when opened just had an SD card plugged in for their primary storage. People have just replaced the default SD with a new one and bam they have 32GB of storage. Warranty voided of course. :) Before you try to do this though, research to see if others have had success with the same device, what class they used, etc.

eagle628

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

The only Windows Phones that come with more than 16GB were the Dell Venue Pro and the one you mentioned. (IS12T)

You can attempt a memory upgrade yourself on the Samsung Focus. (Shown in the video)

Samsung Focus microSD Memory Installation - YouTube

Welcome along to WPCentral eagle628
I was in a Best Buy yesterday; they didn't have the Dell, but there was one phone (think it was the Focus something) that I played with. It was the first time I'd used WP7, and I was quite impressed. The OS is very smooth, far more so than the Androids that were there, and the navigation was very intuitive, since I'm used to the Zune interface. I do wish there was a second generation phone with 32 GB, but the Dell does seem like a very nice device with a wonderful OS.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the latest best price WPCentral was reporting was at buy.com eagle628.

Buy.com - Dell Venue Pro Unlocked Windows 7 GSM Black Smart Phone

Being from the UK, I have no idea if they have stores or if it's just an online retailer. You will know that of course. :D

I think the DVP came in different size memory configurations, you'd need to check that first.

It doesn't seem to say on that website what it is.

DVP came (comes?) in three different versions 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB. I believe that the 8GB was the only one you could buy at an actual store (and that was only at the scattered few Microsoft Stores) in addition to online. The 16GB and 32GB versions were only available online (through dell.com and occasionally e-bay, not sure if they were ever sold through any other channels).

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Some devices when opened just had an SD card plugged in for their primary storage. People have just replaced the default SD with a new one and bam they have 32GB of storage. Warranty voided of course. :) Before you try to do this though, research to see if others have had success with the same device, what class they used, etc.

I believe this is what oldpueblo is taking about. It's invasive surgery to your phone, voids the warranty, but it appears it can work, if the phone uses a microSD card for storage and the card is the right type.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)