picture tile background? zune tile background?

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
so i just got my phone updated to mango, and i cant seem to figure out how to change the default picture tile background? i used to be able to long press the screen once ive launched the app and it would ask for picture background options, now it doesnt... same with zune tile... it used to show the last artist i played for the tile pic, and also would show the artist on the lockscreen... i know these are simple fixes, but i cant figure it out... what am i doing wrong?

edit: i figured the zune tile out, only certain albums will populate the artist artwork in the background, in which case if it doesnt the zune tile will show its defauly logo on the tile...

edit: i figured out the picture tile too, now instead of long pressing the screen there are the 3 dots at the bottom you touch to bring up the options for the tile... geeesh

( i know mango has been out forever, but i bought a brand new trophy on ebay and it didnt have mango installed )

Last edited:

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like you figured it out. What frustrates me is that the picture on your Pictures tile doesn't animate. I've found mine only animates right after I change it to a new picture. The old one is still there, and it animates (pans up and down slowly). However, once it 'realizes' the new background picture, it doesn't pan up and down.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you figured it out. What frustrates me is that the picture on your Pictures tile doesn't animate. I've found mine only animates right after I change it to a new picture. The old one is still there, and it animates (pans up and down slowly). However, once it 'realizes' the new background picture, it doesn't pan up and down.

If you add a few favorite pictures (two is enough) and chose "shuffle background" it will use only your favorites and switch between them. When doing this the picture tile animates all of the time. Only when having one background set it stops animating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes