So... I kind of spilled coffee on my Focus S...

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
But not very much. Nonetheless, my phone is freaking out. It first would keep waking up while I had it just sitting on the table. When I shut the phone off, it keeps turning on automatically!

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That does not sound good at all. I would say pull the battery and sim card and leave it in a bag of rice for 24 hours. If you have moisture inside and you keep trying to use it your going to damage something

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That does not sound good at all. I would say pull the battery and sim card and leave it in a bag of rice for 24 hours. If you have moisture inside and you keep trying to use it your going to damage something

Ditto on the rice trick. I've heard of it working many times for people who have dropped their phone into a kitchen sink.full of water

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I already pulled the battery and sim card, but won't be back to my apartment until 10:30pm tonight.

Thank God I'm paying for insurance. lol

keyboardP

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I second Dave's advice - try and get the moisture out by having something absorb it. Bit of a silly question, but when you say it turns on automatically, are you sure it's not still plugged into the PC? If the phone is plugged in and you turn it off, it should turn on automatically.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
if you drop liquid on your phone:

1. turn it off NOW!!!
2. take out the battery AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!!
3. take a hair dryer to it till you think it will start melting , then continue!!!
4. Put it in a bag of RICE for AT LEASE 24/48 Hours
5. DO NOT turn your phone back on for at lease 48hours!!!
6. tooth brush+rubbing alcohol = will remove or prevent metal corogin on your device and then evaporate. ( DO NOT use any other kind of liquid aside from rubbing alcohol )

If you phone gets wet .. 1 sec of leaving it on WET can FRY your phone. rice or no rice , if you dint shut it off right away. ITS DONE! unless your lucky!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes