App disappeared after downloading from marketplace

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping that someone can help me out here.
I downloaded an app called RapDialer (after reading a thread on wpcentral) and everything seemed to go smoothly (as usual) and I think it downloaded. By this time my screen had gone dark and after I unlocked my phone to use the app, I could not find it. I immediately went back to the marketplace screen and the app said that it was already in my collection.

So now i cannot use it or reinstall it, what can i do about this?
Is there any way to either uninstall the app, or reinstall an app that is already supposed to be in my collection.

Thanks for all your help.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Several apps (not games) find their way into the Games hub as developers presume the Games category gets more exposure than all the others. That's where I am guessing your app is hiding.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Several apps (not games) find their way into the Games hub as developers presume the Games category gets more exposure than all the others. That's where I am guessing your app is hiding.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

I have rapdialer too. It doesn't go to the games hub.

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have rapdialer too. It doesn't go to the games hub.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
1. I tried to restart the phone but no luck.
2. I looked at the games hub and music hub but no luck.
3. I even tried to get a reinstall link though the "My Phone" site and when i clicked on the link, it went the marketplace and said that I already have the app in my collection :mad:

So, is there any search to find stuff on the phone itself (i already tried the search on the apps page) or any other way to remove and reinstall the app?

thanks all.

TitanChandu

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
SOLVED!!!!
I got an update for the app yesterday and so thought that I would see it after it updated!!! surprise surprise ... i still did not find it.
I searched the full list manually and I finally found it at the very bottom with the name in Chinese characters !!!!
WTF!!!!
Anyways solved... so WP still rocks and the blame to the developer for screwing up the name or internationalization
cheers... hope this is of help to someone else too.
:confused:

Ashish Chauhan1

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Getting the same problem
I installed Realarm app in my wp8.1, then screen went off and phone restarted, after that I couldn't find my app, in store it is showing app installed.
Don't know what to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes