Lol I may have sold a Windows Phone with one word

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
"Office."

Just figured I'd share this little story.

About 10 minutes ago I walked into my local AT&T to look at the One X. Seen a gut thinking about switching to AT&T. He currently has Android (yes, I was eavesdropping his and the reps conversation). He was leaning more towards Android because he uses Quick Office. The rep walks away for a second. Here's my chance. I tell him that the Windows Phones have Microsoft Office, if he needed something like that. That's all I said. I walk out of the store. Curiosity gets the best of me, so I go back to see if my info had an effect on him. And what do you know, I'm currently watching as he's talking to the rep about the Lumia & the Titan II, checking out accessories and everything. BOOM.

Sent from my Titan II using Board Express

A Social Reject

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft really need to start doing Apple-eske tutorial adverts where they highlight one certain feature or app. Showing Office or Xbox Live for 30 seconds would do them a world of wonders with business and teen markets.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Update:

He appeared to be leaning towards the Titan II. I walk in, again to eavesdrop, and he's definitely buying either the Lumia or the Titan. However, whichever he was trying to buy, the rep said they were sold out. So he took her card and apparently he's going to come back when they're in stock.

The fact that they were out makes me think it was the Lumia, but from my view he seemed more interested in the Titan. Hmm.

I would love to do stuff like that for a career lol.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Update:

He appeared to be leaning towards the Titan II. I walk in, again to eavesdrop, and he's definitely buying either the Lumia or the Titan. However, whichever he was trying to buy, the rep said they were sold out. So he took her card and apparently he's going to come back when they're in stock.

The fact that they were out makes me think it was the Lumia, but from my view he seemed more interested in the Titan. Hmm.

Say bigger screen makes using Office easier. :D

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Sent from Le Lumia de Cyan using Board Express

ROLF!! nice name..

lol , no you don't , Ive been doing it for 4 years! lol... its good once your the BOSS.. lol

being a REP is allot more fun! , work for NOKIA and you basically sale the phone to the store reps so they can turn around and sell it to the clients.

that much more fun :) you dont deal with all the unhappy clients. maybe that's why im sick of complaint threads. its all I hear day in day out. lol

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice! What Microsoft needs to do is start making 30-45 second adds around one feature. Office, XBox Live, Local Scout, Live Tiles, People Hub, Me Hub. Everything that makes Windows Phone special and different from iOS/Android.

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
...I would love to do stuff like that for a career lol.

Great story! I actually get my chance coming up. They are opening a Microsoft store here in Orlando and I heard here on the forums about openings. I applied for 2 part time spots (just need some benefits as I have none at my full time gig) and they called me for an interview for Wednesday the 9th. I'll have to report back and let you all know how that goes.

Wish me luck!

banghaymo

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
"Office."

Just figured I'd share this little story.

About 10 minutes ago I walked into my local AT&T to look at the One X. Seen a gut thinking about switching to AT&T. He currently has Android (yes, I was eavesdropping his and the reps conversation). He was leaning more towards Android because he uses Quick Office. The rep walks away for a second. Here's my chance. I tell him that the Windows Phones have Microsoft Office, if he needed something like that. That's all I said. I walk out of the store. Curiosity gets the best of me, so I go back to see if my info had an effect on him. And what do you know, I'm currently watching as he's talking to the rep about the Lumia & the Titan II, checking out accessories and everything. BOOM.

HAHAHA:lol:
That's the way to do it! Keep it up!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon