T-Mobile question

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
What would be the easiest way to check coverage on my area? Get a cheap prepaid phone? I don't know how accurate their map is because they recently got 4G here.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
if there is a phone you like, you can try them out either for 14 days or 30 days. If you like the service you can port your number over later.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The only trouble I have with T-Mo is that its building penetration is lower than what I had with Sprint. But I get over it when I look at how much I spent at T-Mo compared to what I spent at Sprint!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably wait until closer to November to do anything, but I'm trying to research right now. If Verizon switches me off my unlimited plan and it costs more I will probably switch.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
You could also try Simple Mobile. They use the T-Mo network and are even cheaper than T-Mo. I think I am going to move my phone to them. I can't beat SM's price even with my discounts at Calling Mart for T-Mo refill PINs.

http://www.mysimplemobile.com/Simple-Mobile-Plan.aspx

Update: Well, looky here. I can get discounted SM refills at Calling Mart, too! https://www.callingmart.com/products/wireless/ProductDetail.aspx?ID=191&name=SIMPLE-Mobile-Refill

2nd Update: Nevermind about SM. Looks like they're pretty bad in their treatment of customers.

Last edited:

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The only trouble I have with T-Mo is that its building penetration is lower than what I had with Sprint. But I get over it when I look at how much I spent at T-Mo compared to what I spent at Sprint!

I'm actually getting equal to or better signal in buildings compared to what I was getting with sprint. Speeds are also much much better too.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Offhand I'm going to say if I switch from Verizon AT&T will probably be my best bet for coverage. Sprint isn't that great here and unless that map is out of date T-Mobile isn't going to do very well either. I still plan on going to a T-Mobile store and talking to them to confirm. I guess it's really going to come down to what Verizon does as far as moving unlimited customers to family data plans. If it costs more money I'm probably going to switch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital