OS Differences between HD7 & Lumia 900

HishamElfar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello there.

I'm new to the site, but have just bought a Lumia 900 after having the HD7 since October 2010. I'm on 02 here in the UK.

My HD7 was regularly updated, but does not run as up to date a version as my Lumia.
I've noticed a couple of wierd differences between the 2 phones.

1) The keyboard when typing anything seems very slightly smaller on the Lumia.

2) When looking through Podcasts on my HD7, I have the option of subscibing to Podcasts and managing the subscription settings. This option is not available on the Lumia 900.

Any thoughts?

Also, O2 claim that their apps are not available on the Lumia 900 (My O2 & O2 Priority Moments) because they haven't been made for the 900 yet. (The woman on the phone insisted that the fact I had the apps on my HD7 (and my friend has them on her 710) was irrelevant. - Bull**** or mis-informed twaddle?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how to help you on Problem #1. But #2 should not be happening that way. You should definitely be able to subscribe via Zune on your phone.

Apps aren't made for the device, they're made for the OS. If an app can run on WP 7.5, it can run on your Lumia 900. I think the lady was giving you a load of bull. Very strange!

Edit: Well, some apps are made for the device. Nokia makes apps that run on Nokia devices and not other manufacturers. Just as HTC and Samsung do, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes