nokia 900 owners and windows phone 8 gripes...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
;)i keep reading about how screwed all nokia 900 owners are... here they just bought a phone 2 months ago, and now cant get windows 8 update... sucks right?

i would be willing to bet, most 900 owners got that phone for FREE!!! so sell it on ebay and call it a day...what have you lost? sure you're in a 2 year contract, but most of us are always in a contract anyway because we use our upgrades. so take the money you make from selling your 900 and by a windows 8 phone outright on ebay. even if you spend an extra 200 bucks to get a newer windows 8 phone, you might as well have used another upgrade... point being , you didnt really lose much considering most of the people with a nokia 900 got it for free... at most 99 bucks.

now eveyone is happy!!!

its all about business, i doubt MS intended to screw over its small customer base. who agrees>?;)

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought my L900 full price, and I am not complaining. Most people that are hit the panic button though. Then I will concede that not everyone's situation is the same and possibly it affects them more. All in all you bring up good points.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
HA! I made similar thread yesterday. Sell that ish on Ebay before the prices drop like a rock and get yourself a new phone. Personally, I'm waiting for the prices to drop on Ebay so I can get my wife one.

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
man... although i am a tech junkie, i cant bring myself to spend that much on a phone upgrade. (actually i could but my wife wouldnt let me!)

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You didn't get screwed, lol. There are ZERO WP8 devices, apps, and/or consumers right now. You won't see any of the above for 4-6 months. That's 4-6 months off your contract. The day you bought/got for free that phone there were close to 100k apps, millions of customers, and a dozen or so devices. Keep in mind there is ONE Apple device. They need all those craps to make up for having ONE handset option. So by the fall when WP8 hits there should be 125-150k for YOUR device and next to nothing for the WP8 device. By the time the two reach parity your contract will likely be done. So how did you get screwed again?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
You didn't get screwed, lol. There are ZERO WP8 devices, apps, and/or consumers right now. You won't see any of the above for 4-6 months. That's 4-6 months off your contract. The day you bought/got for free that phone there were close to 100k apps, millions of customers, and a dozen or so devices. Keep in mind there is ONE Apple device. They need all those craps to make up for having ONE handset option. So by the fall when WP8 hits there should be 125-150k for YOUR device and next to nothing for the WP8 device. By the time the two reach parity your contract will likely be done. So how did you get screwed again?

Well, technically, WP8 devices will be able to use all 125-150K apps in Marketplace too. I know you know that. Just wanted to clear it up before another noob starts another thread.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 900

Is still a fantastic device

Remember the apps we wanted Angry Bird Space, Draw Something, Words With Friends

Popular apps are coming ;)

Experience is only going to get better :)

Enjoy :)

Regards,

Based_Graham@twitter

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can live without NFC or multiple cores. My upgrade is next summer, and the phones out by then will kick major ***.

This year is all about Surface.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes