Nokia WP8 Handsets Revealing at Nokia World?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
So I'm really looking forward to getting a Nokia WP8 device and I noticed that Nokia is having it's yearly Nokia World conference this September. Do you think they will reveal some of their new handsets then? I hope so, I can't wait to see what the next ones look like!

Here's the link about this year's Nokia World: Nokia World - Nokia

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So I'm really looking forward to getting a Nokia WP8 device and I noticed that Nokia is having it's yearly Nokia World conference this September. Do you think they will reveal some of their new handsets then? I hope so, I can't wait to see what the next ones look like!

Here's the link about this year's Nokia World: Nokia World - Nokia

Likely they will be good as the current lumia handsets with pureview tech. And Nokia will likely show the new wp8 handsets there at Nokia world 2012

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I think we can say with 100% confidence they will be showing wp8 devices. They actually even pushed the event up a couple weeks from what it originally was

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully yes, would make sense as WP8 should be RTM before that and carriers should be releasing devices for the holiday season in Oct/Nov.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
They better. Google already showed all their cards and Apple and Microsoft are taking their sweet sweet time. There's no news!!!

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
They don't have a choice really 'cos everybody are expecting to see WP8 phones from them at Nokia World. Just like last year when everybody wanted WP7 devices at NW and Nokia delivered then like they're gonna deliver this year. And let's not forget that the annual Nokia World is indeed Nokia's biggest and main event of the year so the proportions of that alone screams "WP8!!!!"

Only 42 days to go :D

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
If Nokia not showing wp8 devices on Nokia World, what the **** would they show? Another symbian device??

They will likely reveal, if they dont, oh goodness...

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If Nokia not showing wp8 devices on Nokia World, what the **** would they show? Another symbian device??

They will likely reveal, if they dont, oh goodness...

Asha lol

well there better danm well be one with pureview, or ill be disappointed... then again i hope there will be more handsets then the rumored 2, i mean can't we have an update for each device we have now?

610 -> 620
710 -> 720
800 -> 810
900 -> 910

and i seriously don't understand why the rumor said the new handset they will reveal would be 910 and 920, that totally does not make sense to me... unless its 910 for normal camera and 920 for pureview?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Just like the whole Carl Zeiss optics claim, having a "Pureview" WP doesnt guarantee a quality camera. Personally I'll just judge the camera on its final quality, not whether it has a particular branding.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Just like the whole Carl Zeiss optics claim, having a "Pureview" WP doesnt guarantee a quality camera. Personally I'll just judge the camera on its final quality, not whether it has a particular branding.

You are right on that. If they water it down too much because of hardware restrictions Nokia is facing on Windows Phone it can't ever deliver the world beating camera found from 808 PureView.

Like mentioned above, i don't either think we will see PureView phone on first wave. Don't think people actually understand just what Nokia is against trying to bring it to WP.

That said, i hope Nokia has some kind of twist on it's WP8 line up that will be no doubt revealed in Nokia World.
Even if the latest rumors are saying something else i might actually be slightly more interested seeing Nokia's Win8 tablet.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Asha lol

and i seriously don't understand why the rumor said the new handset they will reveal would be 910 and 920, that totally does not make sense to me... unless its 910 for normal camera and 920 for pureview?
Or maybe 910=GSM & 920=CDMA. Just sayin.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I just hope pureview or not, the camera is done properly. I am tired of taking indoor videos and you can see all the noise in the background on the screen. The the tinted, dusty colors at times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon