Amazon phone?

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Anybody see this ZDNet article?

Why in the world would anybody buy an Amazon or Facebook phone? I'm sure both will be loaded with adverts. And why does this loooozar seem to suggest that WinPhone won't even compete with cRapple & Hemroid?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
The Kindle Fire was successful, so I guess they think an Amazon phone will be successful with all the people who bought a Kindle Fire.

My wife has a Kindle Fire and I know she likes it for all the magazine subscriptions she has, along with a few books she bought.

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Not too successful... at least the hardware isn't. I read today that those Kindle's are sold at a loss! So they must be making money on the software (books, games, mags, etc) Also the Kindle OS is pretty crappy too. I've never seen a K-Fire but I bought my mom the one that came out before the K-Fire.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If I had to guess, and if this phone is actually real, Amazon is going to market this as an MP3 player. Probably bundle it with Amazon Prime membership and take advantage of their cloud services. Kindle Fire = Reader, Phone = MP3 Player.

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the specs, I might buy this device. My primary interest in a device is powerful web surfing and, as a pay-as-you-go user, I am very sensitive to retail phone prices. A Galaxy S III for me is $600+! If Amazon can give me cutting edge specs for $200, I am definitely in.

Yeah, I'll miss WP; but, this platform really isn't gaining any traction and Microsoft clearly doesn't know what's it doing dumping all WP7 users. Microsoft might really need this userbase to prop up WP8! And what about WP9? Is Microsoft going to dump everybody again for x86 devices? I'll become a WP user again when Microsoft holds another "Smoked By Windows Phone" event. I have all the respect in the world for Microsoft; but, Microsoft will have to keep throwing money at me to keep me as a user.

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the specs, I might buy this device. My primary interest in a device is powerful web surfing and, as a pay-as-you-go user, I am very sensitive to retail phone prices. A Galaxy S III for me is $600+!

If Amazon can give me cutting edge specs for $200, I am definitely in.
Na I think i'll be maybe the iphone 4S 16gb price. they need something good. and cheap crap hardware is not good for a smartphone. except the 900 of course. and of course Wp8 will gain traction. 3 screens is the future

Last edited:

AKA Preluva

Banned
Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
What's really important is why this guy thinks Winphone won't even be a 3rd option! I had this in the Winphone section but they dumped it here for some reason. :straight:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon