Me Tile Should Be It

TooiNawfyOffical

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey I have an idea, i seen alot of rumors of notification center. Its kind of a good idea but not like iOS and Android have it were u swipe down from the top. Notification center should be integrated with the me tile. Everytime some one send you a facebook message and all notification you get on Facebook and twitter(Your Tweet Retweeted, And Favorite And DM) as you would while in the app, it should be in the me tile. is it a great idea or will it be cluttered? An should i suggest it to Microsoft?

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I think this too in a way and mango started it up. I also think that other social services (tumblr,meet me,MySpace) will also be able to tie in to the people hub as well.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
As long as it shows a number for the total number of notifications it wouldn't be cluttered. My only concern about this method of notifications is the current me hub notifications aren't reliable, at least for me.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Currently the me tile gives notifications for Twitter and facebook. I get email notifications reliably from those services, but the me tile is hit and miss. Don't know who to point the finger at, but that doesn't change the fact that I have inconsistent notifications.

TooiNawfyOffical

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I think this too in a way and mango started it up. I also think that other social services (tumblr,meet me,MySpace) will also be able to tie in to the people hub as well.

I think that to but currently Facebook, and twitter the most popular social network rite now but it should be a separate app and when you download it can have access and stuff like that lol

bruceleer0y

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Yea the me tile is hit and miss. Lately me tile will still display that I have unseen notifications, even after i've already check the notification.

MrBurrrns

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The problem with using the Me tile for all notifications is that it does not have a fixed constant place in the system. If you look at iOS or Android they both have the notifications in the same place. This is because it provides user experience consistency in the way how you can access the Notification center. And that's the problem with using the Me tile - you lose this consistency because everybody has the Me tile in a different place.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The problem with using the Me tile for all notifications is that it does not have a fixed constant place in the system. If you look at iOS or Android they both have the notifications in the same place. This is because it provides user experience consistency in the way how you can access the Notification center. And that's the problem with using the Me tile - you lose this consistency because everybody has the Me tile in a different place.

What you just said points to a design failure from Microsoft.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
What you just said points to a design failure from Microsoft.
The Me Tile doesn't carry anything past social updates right now, so why should Microsoft make it accessible system-wide? By your terrible logic, iOS and Android also fail because you can move home screen elements around.

Ridiculous.

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it is a very good idea! The Me Tile could easily fulfill that purpose.

Microsoft has to fix the bugs first, however. It is not always reliable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon