Where are files downloaded to?

jbernheimer

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently downloaded a free ebook in .mobi format and I wanted to put it on my windows phone. I saw no way of doing this through zune, so I emailed the ebook to myself. When I clicked the attachment, it downloaded but I did not see it in my kindle app. When I go back to the attachment and click it, it says "Can't open attachment, There's no application associated with this file type."

So my questions are, why does my kindle app not recognize this .mobi file and now that I have this file on my phone that I can't open, nor can I find where it has downloaded to, how do I delete it from my phone? It's just wasting space. Thanks for your help.

- John

jbernheimer

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I tried the "delete history" in the internet explorer settings. I am not convinced it worked because if I click the attachment again, it does not attempt to redownload the file, it displays the same message as before, which leads me to believe the file is still somewhere on the phone. If only there was a folder where you could see downloads...

Thanks for your help.

newtondiscovery

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
download too

Hmm, I wouldn't recommend this normally... but you may be able to delete the file using Zune.

However this will delete all media/pictures on the device so back them up first.

Plug your phone into your PC, allow Zune to auto-start (if it doesn't open it)

At the top right of the application should be settings, click that.

Straight away you'll see see "Sync Options" and in the larger text on the right pane you should see "Device Options".

Click the "Erase All Content" button, this should delete media/pictures and hopefully the file you suspect isn't deleted.

Also note, that Nokia Collection may disappear, but don't worry it will reappear (this happens on other devices too).

hmm Good information you have mentioned... Thanks for this ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb