Will you switch to WP - mashable poll.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
1300+ users will switch to WP following the Lumia 920 announcement. It seems grim to us and a cold announcement but probably it is not for other non techy users.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/06/buy-windows-phone/

56% will have WP as their next phone.

What will be yours?

I know we do have a thread and a poll of something similar but Mashable Poll will be for everyone outside WPC forums too - so our votes might negate the influx of iSheeps and keep it less biased?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It'll be my next phone, and my first Windows Phone daily driver since my HTC Touch Pro 2. (I made my wife get the Trophy and I have a SIMless Focus I monkey with sometimes..)

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
For now I'm going with the Droid RAZR M as I'm looking for something more pocketable. However, I definitely plan on picking up a Windows RT tablet and will keep an eye out for a WP8 device that better suits my needs and then I'll probably switch back.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Count me in...but still waiting for HTC to show us who's the daddy! :p

If HTC fails, then I will be re-thinking my decision to switch to WP. But that is one extreme situation. It won't come to that I am sure.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Count me in...but still waiting for HTC to show us who's the daddy! :p

If HTC fails, then I will be re-thinking my decision to switch to WP. But that is one extreme situation. It won't come to that I am sure.
I doubt that HTC will fail. they are using the One X hardware. everything is the same as the One X. Except the OS. Also what so good with HTC that you like

Last edited:

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that HTC will fail. they are using the One X hardware. everything is the same as the One X. Except the OS. Also what so good with HTC that you like

Designs. They have really really designed innovative phones. The HTC Diamond, Diamond 2, the HTC HD7...even the 8X looks nice. And boy if they come up with a white phone that doesn't look *ay...WOOT!

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Designs. They have really really designed innovative phones. The HTC Diamond, Diamond 2, the HTC HD7...even the 8X looks nice. And boy if they come up with a white phone that doesn't look *ay...WOOT!
So you are getting the 8X? :)

Of topic: Gangnam Style!. had to get that of my head :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
^^ I have HTC Titan, though it is a good phone, after seeing Lumia and using it, I don't think Titan matches build quality, design, battery and screen from Nokia. Nokia just feels so right - so sturdy. My Titan is already in its second repair due to radio issues!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
^^ I have HTC Titan, though it is a good phone, after seeing Lumia and using it, I don't think Titan matches build quality, design, battery and screen from Nokia. Nokia just feels so right - so sturdy. My Titan is already in its second repair due to radio issues!

Um...hate to admit, the HD7 had the volume rocker and start button erode in a few months...so yea, may be...just may bea Lumia for me...I don't know honestly at this point.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
^^ when HTC comes up with same chewed Android handset design you would change your may be to definitely ;)

I hate the fact that Sammy and HTC are re-using and recycling their earlier Android devices now after 4-6 months on WP8. Old design is one reason why iPhone users are sick of their phones at times. I think Nokia probably will have to stop with their Lumia lines sometime after WP8.5 too!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
^^ when HTC comes up with same chewed Android handset design you would change your may be to definitely ;)

I hate the fact that Sammy and HTC are re-using and recycling their earlier Android devices now after 4-6 months on WP8. Old design is one reason why iPhone users are sick of their phones at times. I think Nokia probably will have to stop with their Lumia lines sometime after WP8.5 too!

I hope they do. Trimming the device isn't exactly reinventing it in my dictionary. And about HTC, you never know, the ONEx was radically different from all of their previous devices.

I am just waiting for a nice HTC device and hopefully no stupid leaks this time(apart from the purple one)...somewhere the Nokia event was flat as we had seen it all...

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Xenophos, you like HTC like me. But what about their lack of timely support? Are you taking that into consideration? I am. Are you not waiting to see if they will have some cool features? At this point HTC needs all the help they can get so I can't imagine them skimping on this device. At this point I am still leaning towards Nokia, but I'm also not counting HTC out at all. Samsung is out of the question for me though.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Xenophos, you like HTC like me. But what about their lack of timely support? Are you taking that into consideration? I am. Are you not waiting to see if they will have some cool features? At this point HTC needs all the help they can get so I can't imagine them skimping on this device. At this point I am still leaning towards Nokia, but I'm also not counting HTC out at all. Samsung is out of the question for me though.

Yes I am taking into consideration this now more than ever. I learnt it the hard way. I use a Moto right now. A company that gives a *insert F word here* about its customers. we are made to feel like we owe some Moto's money. I'm taking this into consideration more than ever.

That's why I'm divided between HTC and Nokia.

Sent from my DROID RaZr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes