Will you switch to AT&T for the 920?

Lastnv

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
AT&T made windows phone what it is, if it wasent for them I dont know if we would have made it to this point. They were the mayjor phone company to pust WP7 when it came it, and thx goodness it pay off, and is now is the 3rd largest phone OS. Remember that all. I have AT&T for years now, I dont think I ever had one dropped call. They are not bad at all for the most part.

Not one dropped call in years? Really?
I've been on AT&T for 4 years and Ive gotten plenty of dropped calls and I've lived in fairly urbanized areas (outskirts of Milwaukee and Las Vegas)

Maybe it's because my only 2 phones have been Samsung? Haha.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
T-Mo can't afford to get the high end devices. From the looks of it, Nokia phones are charging a premium. $600-$700 off contract and that's a lot of money for T-Mo to subsidize. They don't even have any version of the iPhone and the only high end Droid that they have is the Galaxy SIII. They specialize in mid and low end phones that matches their plans and customer base. Their recent merger announcement doesn't bode well either for getting high end devices. They will end up being one of the largest non-contract providers in the nation.

Considering Tmobile just announced that the Galaxy S3 was thier best selling phone ever, I would bet that will change things.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've created a Facebook page so that hopefully we can all coordinate or frustration in hopes that our discontent and excitement for this phone doesn't go unnoticed. Check it out if you get the chance:

Lumia 920 on Verizon | Facebook

I know it wont change anything but at least we can show Nokia and Verizon that we want this phone enough for them to do whatever is necessary to make some sort of deal in the future.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Any mobile carrier that wants it just needs to have the right amount of money to make Nokia make it happen!

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I am considering switching. My friend has a iPhone 4S on AT&T and be gets a much better signal anywhere we go than I do with my Trophy on Verizon. Plus AT&T seems to be the only carrier that 100% supports WP. If they didn't have a good signal there is no way I would switch but since they actually have better service I see no reason not to switch.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I came here through a link from this forum https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/882524 and I have to say that I appreciate the info here. I noticed that someone else posted a link just above for a petition that they found.

I'd like to share a poll that I created: VerizonWP7 > Home

I spoke with an Executive Assistant from Verizon's Southeast Region offices in Alpharetta, GA, about 45 minutes from me, this morning, and told her about the poll, and told her that it only had about 500 responses at that point, though I realize that to Verizon that's a small number, I'm a nobody with no name recognition and no way to get it out other than twitter, and she stopped me right there and said that no, 500 voices is a lot of voices, and she appreciates that, and will take a look. She will be passing this info on.

That's the short story here, but the longer version is here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/882431#882431
and here:
Looking at Nokia

So who knows. Maybe the determination was already made before I ever started anything, but the woman that I've talked with at Verizon's exec office here several times over the past year and a half has given me the impression that they want to listen. That doesn't mean I think they really are, as their silence lately has sure seemed anti-consumer, and has caused a lot of us to light torches and grab pitch forks, but if Mr. MacPhisto's information proves true, then perhaps there was a reason for their silence. Not that I like it any better, but at least we'll end up with what we wanted.

In the mean time, if you could go to my survey, answer the three questions (if you are/want to be a Verizon customer), and pass along the link on twitter/facebook, I'd appreciate it. Verizon has at least one executive that is aware of that poll, and WILL be taking a look at it. Let's give them as much data to look at as we can. I just checked a minute ago, and I'm up to 584 votes, and that's in less than 4 days, for a nobody like me. Not bad, I'd say. Help me out. Thanks!

mountainman

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I came here through a link from this forum https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/882524 and I have to say that I appreciate the info here. I noticed that someone else posted a link just above for a petition that they found.

I'd like to share a poll that I created: VerizonWP7 > Home

I spoke with an Executive Assistant from Verizon's Southeast Region offices in Alpharetta, GA, about 45 minutes from me, this morning, and told her about the poll, and told her that it only had about 500 responses at that point, though I realize that to Verizon that's a small number, I'm a nobody with no name recognition and no way to get it out other than twitter, and she stopped me right there and said that no, 500 voices is a lot of voices, and she appreciates that, and will take a look. She will be passing this info on.

That's the short story here, but the longer version is here: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/882431#882431
and here:
Looking at Nokia

So who knows. Maybe the determination was already made before I ever started anything, but the woman that I've talked with at Verizon's exec office here several times over the past year and a half has given me the impression that they want to listen. That doesn't mean I think they really are, as their silence lately has sure seemed anti-consumer, and has caused a lot of us to light torches and grab pitch forks, but if Mr. MacPhisto's information proves true, then perhaps there was a reason for their silence. Not that I like it any better, but at least we'll end up with what we wanted.

In the mean time, if you could go to my survey, answer the three questions (if you are/want to be a Verizon customer), and pass along the link on twitter/facebook, I'd appreciate it. Verizon has at least one executive that is aware of that poll, and WILL be taking a look at it. Let's give them as much data to look at as we can. I just checked a minute ago, and I'm up to 584 votes, and that's in less than 4 days, for a nobody like me. Not bad, I'd say. Help me out. Thanks!

Finally, someone who doesn't complain. Thanks for taking the time to do this. You are not a nobody. You are talking the talk, and walking the walk. Thanks.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
In a WPCentral poll a few weeks ago, a large majority of users said that they would go with the 920 when it came out.

This poll took the question of whether or not your current provider would carry the 920 out of the equation.

Now that it looks like the 920 will be EXCLUSIVE to AT&T, does that change your answer?

Will you be willing to switch carriers to AT&T to get the 920 or will you stick with your current provider and get the next best thing?

I voted for the 920 in the poll, but I'm currently with t-mobile and will NOT be switching to AT&T to get the 920.
YES!
I am switching without a second thought. T-mo service is spotty at best. Not to mention I have friends and family who have been with AT&T for years with no problems whatsoever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria