Cool new discovery in emails on my WP

HeyMoosh

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So this is hardly a revolutionary thing but it's something that I'm just really surprised to discover...

In your emails on WP7.5 to delete emails I always thought you had to open the line of checkboxes and hit the tick box, but I just found that you can also swipe along the email title, just like crossing it out, and that selects it. I know it's a tiny feature, but I never knew it was there even after using this phone for nearly 2 years, and I have a feeling it's a really little known thing.

And I know someone will think it, I'm not just hitting the checkbox and sliding away with it still selected, doing that doesn't let you select the email. This is a gesture based selection method.

HeyMoosh

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind, somebody burst my bubble and showed me something even more obvious that I can't believe myself... turns out you can just tap the email title to select it! Who knew?!...probably everyone lol. So the swipe is just registering as a tap and selecting.

Epic fail... :p

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you hitting "select" at the bottom before selecting emails to delete? If so, there is a faster way, instead of hitting select (at the bottom) first, just tap at the edge of the screen, to the left of the email you want to delete. This will put it in select mode and select the email you just hit next to in 1 step.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes