Where' the frustration?

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought about this today while messing around with my brother's "new" iPhone 5. I visit alot of tech sites and WindowsPhone specific site and I dont see anyone asking why havent we seen the new phones yet. I dont pay much attention to numbers because they can be skewed but Apple is selling alot of phones. I've seen a blurb here and there about the subject but not enough to get people asking. Alot of sites openly mock the fact that people want to choose between an iphone and a windowsphone and say "whenever its released".

My frustration has to do more with the overall health of Windowsphone than simply being impatient to get my hands on one. I know the rumor of MS being late to deliver the OS to carriers. Not sure how much of that is true or not. But I do know that MS is losing out on alot of customers who for the 1st time really wanted to choose between the iPhone and a Nokia for example. People in general are impatient and having to wait a month (hard to tell with no release date just rumored ones) to decide.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
WP wasn't going to take any significant number of the iPhone5 preorder people. Those were the die hards.

Also, in the US at least, most people are on contract, and the vast majority of people aren't eligible for an upgrade right now.

Sure, there are some missed opportunities. But nothing that will make or break WP.

Right now, it's not about competing against the iPhone as much as it's really about just trying to establish some legitimacy for WP.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's downright depressing to know Apple will sell 8 million iPhones this weekend and maybe a total of 8 million Windows Phones will be sold the entire 4th quarter, including all models & OEMs.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
1) the rumor about wp8 delays were false and it has already been certified for OEMs.

2) we always knew WP8 release would be around Windows 8 release. Microsoft has said this. Why would I be frustrated when I knew this ahead of time? I don't care how many crappy iPhones are sold. I care about getting the device I like the most.

Posted from My Mobile App

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm mostly frustrated that a lot of people will be getting a new smartphone (iPhone 5, Samsung GS3) eons before I get mine. As said previously, even if WP8 phones were available from today Apple would still outsell them by a 1000:1. No company, and I mean NO company devours a market they've just entered over night....except Apple of course. People are having bloated and unrealistic expectations on MS and Nokia, these things takes time and they need to have that time instead of botched releases and malfunctioning hardware and software. Everything seems to be right on schedule and even though all this iPhone 5 blabbering is frustrating to read and hear about it, things are looking better than ever for WP8.:) Creating a viable mobile OS platform is not like making an Angry Birds app, it takes a lot of time, thought and planning. Patience is the key here. God knows the current Lumia line is almost given away for free here in Finland but I must resist because I crave the Windowz Phonez Eightz! :D

Last edited:

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think anyone that gets upset about phone sales and phone releases and compare it to the competition needs to log off.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What frustration, aside from general impatience that accompanies society? MS has laid out a timetable for a long time now - they did this knowing full well when the iPhone would be released. By the time Microsoft's ecosystem is released, the initial furor over the iPhone's release will have abated, and the public's attention (and curiosity) will turn to this new fangled thing from the boys in Redmond.

They knew full well they couldn't compete with Apple at the same time, and WP8 would have been buried in the press because of it.

No - the timing was well thought out.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am impatient to see the new wp8 devices, especially with all the info we are seeing with Lumia announcement and the HTC announcement, but there shouldn't be frustration at the lack of a release, this is the roadmap for release that Microsoft has planned for probably months and months. The only thing that is frustrating is the lack of knowledge about a firm date, since ms wants to have that surprise launch.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Im frustrated about a lot of things but one of my two problems was resolved. Windows Phone now has cool phones.

The other is if the OS fixed the problems of 7.5, for that we need to hear Microsoft WP8 conference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon