the one feature I'm waiting to hear about

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
He means the function to just close the music player, like the "Stop the music" application does.

I hope there's a way to close apps, so that mess isn't present on WP8.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
He means the function to just close the music player, like the "Stop the music" application does.

I hope there's a way to close apps, so that mess isn't present on WP8.

How do you know that?

Whats messy about the Stop The Music app? If that is what he is talking about maybe he hasn't tried that app and should. It works very well for me and solves an issue for me that might not be an issue for others.

I don't what to hijack this thread but why do you need to close apps this isn't Android.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The Stop the Music app works well for me. However, I must admit I found it odd to need an app to stop music. I've not heard of any other smartphone platform that requires apps to stop music.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The Stop the Music app works well for me. However, I must admit I found it odd to need an app to stop music. I've not heard of any other smartphone platform that requires apps to stop music.

Precisely! The app works nicely but, I am still baffled as to why I need to have an app to do something so simple. It's not really a big deal one way or the other but, it would be nice to see this incorporated into WP8.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I hope the Microsoft was thinking "This is nice no matter what happened you can just tap the volume button and start playing your music even from the lock screen". For some people that is a plus. Bottom line Microsoft doesn't want you stopping the music. They also don't want you to have to launch an app every time you want to play music. There is nothing wrong with that but there is also nothing wrong with having a choice. This is where the Stop The Music app comes in to play.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I hope the Microsoft was thinking "This is nice no matter what happened you can just tap the volume button and start playing your music even from the lock screen". For some people that is a plus. Bottom line Microsoft doesn't want you stopping the music. They also don't want you to have to launch an app every time you want to play music. There is nothing wrong with that but there is also nothing wrong with having a choice. This is where the Stop The Music app comes in to play.

i agree with this in theory but...

Before I got the Stop the Music app, I would accidentally hit play due to the song staying in the volume bar and start playing music at inappropriate places.

...is what happened with me a fair number of times too before I got that nifty little app.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I would hope that with more emphasis on enterprise features in WP8, Stop the Music will not be required.

I could see users not knowing about pausing music and starting it by accident during business meetings and being extremely embarrassed. Those new users who also might be business users might not be aware of this "feature" and the need to use an app to stop it.

I'd hope to see changes made to avoid that, especially for enterprise use.

Austinguy23

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Wait...*shakes head in disbelief*. Windows Phone requires a SEPARATE APP just to stop a song that is playing?

Surely, I'm misreading this thread.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
an updated feature that allowed you to stop it wouldn't hurt.

but I still like it , easy for me to play or pause when I need to . and I need to ALLOT! lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
an updated feature that allowed you to stop it wouldn't hurt.

but I still like it , easy for me to play or pause when I need to . and I need to ALLOT! lol

I agree. Offering a choice that allows it to be stopped without an app would be great for those of us who might not want to accidentally play heavy metal in business meetings or in public places.

Allowing a choice for folks to do want to easily restart their music would also be great.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I simply hit pause, but it would be nice to have a hard STOP sometimes. I think that's the leas of their music player worries though. REAL on-the-go playlists anyone?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How do you know that?

Whats messy about the Stop The Music app? If that is what he is talking about maybe he hasn't tried that app and should. It works very well for me and solves an issue for me that might not be an issue for others.

I don't what to hijack this thread but why do you need to close apps this isn't Android.

The mess is not Stop the Music. That app works fantastic. The mess is that the music player keeps on even if you long stop listening to music.

The Ability to close apps will take the music player out, which for some people is immensely annoying. I remember having to turn the phone off just to get rid of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon