Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant problem

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Every time I finish putting in my payment info, I get an error message that says

"We couldn't finish processing your order

Initializing checkout failed."

All my info is correct. Is anyone else getting this? Is it just Microsoft is overloaded now? Quite frustrating. Can anyone shed some light?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Every time I finish putting in my payment info, I get an error message that says

"We couldn't finish processing your order

Initializing checkout failed."

All my info is correct. Is anyone else getting this? Is it just Microsoft is overloaded now? Quite frustrating. Can anyone shed some light?

I would assume it's just overloaded. You could possibly try a different payment method. I used paypal.

msmusicmaker

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. I did it twice but I refuse to do it a third time before getting in contact with them. I do not want to be charged $40 three times...I contacted Microsoft Chat and they told me to call Microsoft Store at (877) 696-7786. They are closed now though. Don't know when they will open :mad:

donoban

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem!

every time i finish putting in my payment info, i get an error message that says

"we couldn't finish processing your order

initializing checkout failed."

all my info is correct. Is anyone else getting this? Is it just microsoft is overloaded now? Quite frustrating. Can anyone shed some light?

i have the same problem, the y charge me 39.99... The checkout fail.
So i call windows right now its open... I woke up today at 5 am just to call.
They ask me for my order number. I dont have that. Only i have everithing from paypal. Trans id number, emails. Etc etc.. Statemen account.

20 min later in the phone.... Tha guy told... I have to wait 24 hours to my transaction in microsoft sistem appear. Whattt!!???

I call paypal.. They say put a dispute and your money will be back in 20 days!!!!!!!!!

Cmon microsoft!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Got my first update at 12:15am EST using PayPal. Did the second at about 1:00am, again with PayPal. Only problem was the first purchase wouldn't recognize any of the printers on a Vista machine so I couldn't print a receipt. But a screen shot fixed that. Created ISOs for both 32 and 64bit versions. One machine upgrade last night. The other will be done today.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to check the little terms and agreement box at the bottom of the assistant window before clicking on the purchase button. I missed it a couple of times then noticed it.

donoban

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
SAME PROBLEM!, 3 CALLS, 1 hour talking!

So after 3 calls since Morning, and more than 1 hour talking....
They told me... Minutes ago.

That.. You pay with Paypal, then paypal send the info to Arvato Digital Services then this guys send the info to Microsoft....... Because all the overload for the first day it takes 24 to 48 hours to microsoft have your info.

Thats why, when I call this guys they told me.. " we dont have nothing about you"
Like trying to say that I didnt purchase Windows 8....

Now I have to wait until tomorrow Saturday and I hope to received the Order confirmation from microsoft... (24 hours later or more..)

THATS SU&^KS!

By the way... They charge my credit card with 40 dlls... and microsoft says... we dont have your order... " are you sure you buy it from microsoft" Jajaja CMON!
:mad:

GudaG

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
windows assistant

Same problem only I tried three different payment methods four times and now have pending charges for all four times.... Called the windows store and they said, "SORRY we are aware of the problem and will get back to you in 24hr." "I ask what are you getting back to me with, I am trying to purchase windows8 to fix an urgent problem." SORRY but we will get back to you in 24hrs.
Seems like they would put a freeze on their Windows8 Assistant until they fix it, rather than having the headache of so many disappointed customers and hundreds of phone calls, also stressing out their employs who have to make hundreds of apologies while having their hands tied with no solution what so ever.
My guess is they did not want to miss any sales, making a choice for money again rather than a choice for the people who make them money. Microsoft could have made it easier for everybody instead of going for the big bucks fast, how disappointing.

GudaG

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
They did not call back

I have been a Windows die hard fan for 15 years even at the height of hackers knocking down Microsoft's security door.
Although they promised to call me back in 24 hrs, without a peep from them 28 hrs later I called them back. The reason they gave for not calling me was, they did not know why I did not get called......but I should rest at ease because they will call me tomorrow morning.... ??? What would they have told me if they had called me as promised that they could not say when I called them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss