Desktop Firefox and Windows 8 Issues?

blinkk2

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with desktop Firefox in Windows 8 Pro...
The oddest thinks happen with the tabs - they go from white background to black background, or to some random color usually from within the web page that I'm currently on. Sometimes they dissapear completly.

Same goes for the minimize, maximize and close buttons - strange collors or completly dissapearing.

I've had this issue in the previous releases of Windows 8 as well while Chrome worked just fine. So any ideas? or maybe a way to fix it?

Tried searching on the internet but all the results I come up with are regarding the metro version of Firefox for Windows 8.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I am using 64bit Win8 on my laptop right now along with Firefox and I haven't had any issues at all with it.

I got Win8 on release and the first thing I did was install Firefox.

That's an odd problem. Maybe someone else is having this issue.

blinkk2

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. ;)
After searching a bit more I found out that this is actually a known issue in Firefox running in Windows 8 on nVidia graphics cards. And that it's caused by using hardware acceleration. And that it's not fixed yet.

So I disabled hardware acceleration from the browser settings and now everything works all right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes