Windows phone 8 email bug / lumia 920

AneticsUK

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My bug list

Now I'm worried if i'm receiving txts and they aren't getting to my phone. Also in the messaging app under 'online' it said "set up a Microsoft account to chat on Messenger and Facebook". Um hello, I have a Microsoft and Facebook account setup.

Seeing exactly the same issue here, the bad news is that YES your phone is receiving SMS messages, its just not telling you, nor giving you any means to view them

The only way i've been able to get sms working is to turn off WiFi and data, the main issue appears to be that email accounts are getting stuck while synchronizing, while theyre stuck, nothing seems to work, not even the skydrive app (wont refresh)

I'll be quite happy to hard reset my phone, but only once i know microsoft have fixed all at their end

I Guess Microsoft just wasnt ready for the popularity of WP8, all good i guess haha

Michael Oladokun

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got my Lumina 920 last night and i noticed the Syncing issue this Morning. Noticed my Hotmail kept trying to sync and crashing, also i could not make changes to my contacts and was getting notification when sms came in. But after i uninstalled skype and restarted the phone everything seems to be working for now

nickpatel01

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know when this bug fix will be available?

Also another bug is, I have few updates available in my app store but throws an error.

Hopping Microsoft will fix the bug soon.

James Peterson

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the Lumia 920 and had the issue with syncing my Hotmail account.

I unistalled the Skype APP and did a reset and the phone is working 100% again.

I found that I had the issue when I started deleting duplicate contacts when all the apps with contancts merged. That probably triggered the issue.

Thanks to the person who found the Skype unistall solution.

Thanks,
Jim

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Every email I send with my Exchange account is sent as an .eml attachment, which creates issues for recipients. Oddly enough, emails sent with other accounts (gmail, etc.) are fine.Along with those stupid placeholders for images within messages, this is a dealbreaker. Can't have people unable to open emails sent for work. From what I see, people have been complaining about this since WP7- why can't they fix it? Of all the platforms to have issues with, I could see gmail, iCloud, etc.- but exchange?

wizardblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I also suffered the same Skype issue with my Nokia 920. Everything was OK for the first 2 days. I had Microsoft Account, Google, LinkedIN, Twitter, Facebook and Exchange all synching ok. Next morning the email app kept crashing upon loading an email. I believe the trigger point was perhaps my installing of Windows 8 on my desktop PC and me accepting the prompt to merge my Skype account. Following the advice here I had to perform a reset on my phone which then locked the phone and I had to perform a hard reboot (holding all 3 buttons). The cloud restore worked well accept for the home page tiles. Phone is all back working again BUT without Skype installed. Not sure Im brave enough to re-install Skype just yet in case I end up performing another reset.

Wiz

Last edited:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This sounds similar to an issue I was having with my 920, which was one of the reasons I swapped it for an 8X. It happened about once a day, especially if I had WiFi on and there was no WiFi available; everything (my Exchange account, Twitter, Facebook) would be stuck syncing and I couldn't open websites in IE (it would be stuck loading), even though I had like... 4 bars of service.

I didn't have any apps crash, though, nor did my phone need a system reset; I'd just power-cycle it and then it would all work properly again. I hadn't installed any apps, but I had uninstalled the Nokia Drive beta and configured all the battery-saving measures I could configure (NFC off, Bluetooth off, etc., etc., etc.)

It's not doing it on my 8X, so... *I* think it's a WP8 on the 920 issue.

OleWild

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been battling this sync issue all morning. It just started this a.m. Uninstalled Skype and rebooted phone...everything is back to normal!

Abe Vinjamuri

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a quick question regarding email - it was raised in thsi thread earlier (regarding downloading images) -

Till yesterday all emails which had images (with links on them like Groupon) would not show images and I'd manually download them. and i could click on links I wanted and go to the website on the browser. Now all the emails are plain text (as in you see a "click here" but you can't click on it - no embedded link. Why is this happening and how do I fix it back to the way it was?

Thank you all for your help.

Abe Vinjamuri

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FYI - I figured out the issue. If you use the high contrast feature (looks really cool), you won't be able to click on links etc in your email - everything appears as text. MS needs to fix this - the high contrast is something I really like.

nickpatel01

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had same issue and i uninstalled Skype and restarted my Phone. Then I Installed Skype again and after 1 day it started this email sync issue.

if you need to have Skype then change your email sync to manually sync mode. so far it's been 4 days without any issue (all of my email are set to manually/daily and Skype is running).

Good Luck!

Jackalneck

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I have this figured out. I started having a similar problem with the messaging app on Windows 8 after the Windows 8 Skype app "forced" me to link my Skype and Microsoft accounts. After a short while, my W8 Messaging app started returning error messages and basically stopped working. When I got my Lumia 920, everything was fine until the day after I installed and signed into Skype (using the Microsoft Account option). Then, my some of my accounts (Microsoft, Twitter) got stuck on "syncing" and components of people/mail/messaging were broken or would crash. I'm positive the problem I'm having on W8 is exactly the same as the one on WP8. My guess is since Skype and Windows Live are in the process of merging, when your Skype account gets linked to your Microsoft Account and you try to use both accounts on the same device, something on the back end breaks.

In both situations, uninstalling Skype fixes the problem. Hopefully once the combining of these two services is "complete" the problem will go away. Hopefully sooner rather than later, I've been having this problem on my devices from the moment I was "forced" to link my Microsoft and Skype accounts by the Windows 8 Skype app. Hope this info helps someone out :)

henrik32259

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing this all email accounts stuck in a syncing mode problem too.. It started for me about 24 hours ago. I have Skype installed. I have tried uninstalling Skype and restarted phone. Email accounts still went into the syncing mode (all stuck). Then tried turning on airplane mode and restarted.... then changed my Hotmail account, unchecked 'Content to sync' email. Now the others seem to work much better.. I will try installing Skype again if it continues to run well. Hopefully MS will come up with a fix for this problem.

henrik32259

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Replying to my own post.. I was able to reinstall Skype (told it to use my hotmail account to log in vs skype account).. then re-enabled the hotmail sync mail option and everything is back to normal... been running a couple of hours with no problems so far.

nickpatel01

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Same Problem

after resetting I changed the email setting to manual sync for all of my emails. I'm hopping MS will come up with update in Jan.

EmolaT

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
mattperovic wrote on the Skype forum.

I've still been having the Messaging hub issues after linking my contacts with Skype.

I've uninstalled Skype, resynced it all, reinstalled Skype. No success.
Repeated that but left Skype off and Messaging is still messed up. Can't delete/send/reply and the tile doesn't update.

UPDATE!: I unlinked Microsoft Account with my Skype account, resynced after using flight mode and it seems to be working fine again.

EmolaT: Unlink Skype and Microsoft Account from the Control panel at www.skype.com

Re: People Hub/Messaging Crashes after installing ... - Page 3 - Skype Support Network

Th3manwth3hat

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, don't return it. This is a known issue with gmail specifically. The same problems has been happening for years on all kinds of devices and operating systems including android.

I just left gmail out of my address list and had it forward my msgs to my live.com acct

Viktor Benei

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: My bug list

For those who stuck with this problem and the mentioned solutions doesn't work:

I've experienced the same issue and uninstalled Skype, restarted the phone - no change. Removed Gmail account, restart, no change.

I've reseted the phone, reinstalled most of my apps but did not log in with a Google/GMail account, only with my Live/Hotmail one and a personal, corporation email account.

After about 1-2 days the problem appeared again. My Mail apps kept crashing, contacts were messed up, etc.

I've tried to turn off/sign out my accounts but all were in a 'syncing' state in which you can't remove it. So I've turned off Wifi, restarted the phone, back to normal. But at the next syncing it appeared again.

So I decided to turn-off my Microsoft account's mail syncing, restarted the phone, and added it again as a normal Hotmail account.

Now it seems to work again, I did it about 24/36 hours ago and it's still fully functional. So my advise is to try to turn off the email syncing of your Microsoft/Live/Hotmail account you've specified as the Phone's primary Microsoft account, maybe even rename it (I did), restart the phone (now the account's Mail app icon should disappear) and add it as a normal Hotmail account. At least it worked for me :)

Madang15

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 820 went wonky after using Skype yesterday. Email crashing back to start screen and text messages not working. Emails stuck on sync for ages. Had to do a reset which has fixed the problem. Not going to reinstall Skype! :eck:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss