How are you catching your podcasts?

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
First up, the sync client is absolutely appalling. Windows Phone 7 is fine through Zune, but that option is no more. Shame really.

So how are you podcasting with Windows Phone? Figured out how to sync it? Using an app - if so, which one? iTunes? And finally, is there any way to get OTA downloads on WiFi?

Podcast support (outside the US) is a major problem for Windows Phone 8 - let's see if we can change that a bit.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I manage my podcasts on the phone with the built in functionality. You can subscribe to podcasts on the phone through the marketplace. It works just fine for me on WiFi and I believe you can do it on cellular too. I subscribe to a lot of podcasts and wouldn't want them against my data.

Matt Sharpe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Can someone with working podcast subscriptions take a look in Phone/Music/PodcastSeries and let us know what's in there? If you have any files in there greater than zero bytes, could you copy one to your desktop, open it in notepad, and paste the contents in here?

You'll have to show hidden files & folders in order for that directory to appear.

Much appreciated!!

Hammered Pizza

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I manage my podcasts on the phone with the built in functionality. You can subscribe to podcasts on the phone through the marketplace. It works just fine for me on WiFi and I believe you can do it on cellular too. I subscribe to a lot of podcasts and wouldn't want them against my data.

You're fortunate to be in the US. Can's subscribe through the marketplace in any country other than the US of A.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
If you want to sync up between a PC and your phone, sadly the best option is to use iTunes for podcasts and the desktop sync software.

Could also look at something like SlapDash.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
All my favorite podcasts are available through the on-phone client and stream/download without problems. I'm sad to learn that isn't the case in other countries -- it should be. The experience is really slick.

Matt Sharpe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
All my favorite podcasts are available through the on-phone client and stream/download without problems. I'm sad to learn that isn't the case in other countries -- it should be. The experience is really slick.

if you'd like to help us, take a look at what i requested further up the thread. Thanks! Matt

bigtlb

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Podcast Subscriptions Not Working Here Either

The subscribe button only works half the time. And usually only the one on the Overview page.

Other times, the button either never changes to "Unsubscribe", or I get error messages like, "There is a problem completing your request. Try Again Later. Error Code: 800706bf" (or 805b0000)

If I go into a podcast and try to download a specific podcast, it goes to pending and never downloads.

Sometimes I get, "Store is not yet available in your country/region." I have a Lumia 920, in Chicago, IL!!!

The final error I get is "Service unavailable right now. Check Back in a little while."

Same results on WiFi or cellular.

NOTE: I can hit the play button and listen to any of the podcasts, no problem.

Last edited:

bigtlb

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
The subscribe button only works half the time. And usually only the one on the Overview page.

Other times, the button either never changes to "Unsubscribe", or I get error messages like, "There is a problem completing your request. Try Again Later. Error Code: 800706bf" (or 805b0000)

If I go into a podcast and try to download a specific podcast, it goes to pending and never downloads.

Sometimes I get, "Store is not yet available in your country/region." I have a Lumia 920, in Chicago, IL!!!

The final error I get is "Service unavailable right now. Check Back in a little while."

Same results on WiFi or cellular.

NOTE: I can hit the play button and listen to any of the podcasts, no problem.
I power cycled the phone twice and now it works. Go figure.

Kenny Carlisle

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
First up, the sync client is absolutely appalling. Windows Phone 7 is fine through Zune, but that option is no more. Shame really.

So how are you podcasting with Windows Phone? Figured out how to sync it? Using an app - if so, which one? iTunes? And finally, is there any way to get OTA downloads on WiFi?

Podcast support (outside the US) is a major problem for Windows Phone 8 - let's see if we can change that a bit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2