Nokia Music not available for Rogers Canada?

alfonz

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I was just wondering if any other users with a Rogers Canada L920 don't have the option of installing Nokia Music. The search in store comes up with nothing.

My Telus L800 lists it as being available.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Xbox Music? If so Nokia Music is nice to have but is not really necessary. I have it on my phone but never use it.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
There was a solution posted around here I think it was to change your stores to the us store or something, not sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
canada has insane copyright laws sooo we usually don't get or water down versions (look at canadas netflix)

To be more clear, Canada's copyright laws protect the content but also protect the "pirates" from unreasonable punishments. Since the US's balls are in the corporate vice of the 1%, you can get fined a ******ed $10,000 per song you download. In Canada, the maximum punishment for any total liability like that is 5 grand. Sucks to be an American downloader. I pirate music with impunity and don't give two ****s. I also use proxies, SSH and encrypted lines of transfer.

*Edit* I do, however, purchase the music I like. I own dozens of heavy metal albums for bands I decided to support. It can be hard to track down good heavy metal bands here because the industry just doesn't bring in many european metal band albums for physical purchase to Canada.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
To be more clear, Canada's copyright laws protect the content but also protect the "pirates" from unreasonable punishments. Since the US's balls are in the corporate vice of the 1%, you can get fined a ******ed $10,000 per song you download. In Canada, the maximum punishment for any total liability like that is 5 grand. Sucks to be an American downloader. I pirate music with impunity and don't give two ****s. I also use proxies, SSH and encrypted lines of transfer.

*Edit* I do, however, purchase the music I like. I own dozens of heavy metal albums for bands I decided to support. It can be hard to track down good heavy metal bands here because the industry just doesn't bring in many european metal band albums for physical purchase to Canada.
No thats not it at all BUT most people think its a piracy thing... which it isn't.

It's due to the CRTC regulations. At least 10% of all media content has to be devoted to Canadian made media.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
No thats not it at all BUT most people think its a piracy thing... which it isn't.

It's due to the CRTC regulations. At least 10% of all media content has to be devoted to Canadian made media.

I am aware that it is the CRTC but I was commenting specifically on the way the US lets corporations bend you over, no lube, when it comes to media sharing infringements.

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
WTF? So it's a Rogers thing? I was wondering where the **** N Music was, it was one of the things I was looking forward to when getting this phone!!!

R0bR

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
For anyone in Canada changing the region to U.S and rebooting will allow you to download Nokia Music App just as the link above states. No special setup once you download the App, launch it and you'll just see local music, exit the App and give it a little time and launch it again. Eventually everything will come up then you can put your region back to Canada and reboot again. The App continues to work even with the region set to Canada, I've been streaming music since I got my 920 a couple of weeks ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes