Artist not showing in music player

slicedbread1991

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Windows phone 7 to 8. I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't use the Zune software, but that is a different topic. Anyways I added a bunch of music which has all it's needed tags, but I noticed a few artist are missing. Their albums and songs are there and when you play a song it shows the artist's name, but their name isn't under artist. This is very annoying. How do I fix this?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Its an old issue
You will see only those artists that are on the marketplace. When I had the HD7, NOISIA ( my fav artist) wasn't listed...imstead, I got a picture of some old ugly buggers...pissed me off..

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Then some compatibility issue.. U might want to go Microsoft Answers and post your query there.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

EventineShangea

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's not first party but MPAtool is a good alternative to solving this problem. You get to choose the artist art from whatever it has on its database, or from your own library, if you have high-res pics of your artist, they can look quite beautiful in HD (or even non-HD) screens. The downside is that if you want to choose another art, you have to completely delete and then re-sync the artist.

Also, after attaching an art to an artist, the app makes a junk music file that can be deleted without consequence

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes