Does Anyone else have a problem with App update notification?

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
My phone seems to never let me know of an update for an app. Usually I find out from WPcentral newsfeed. If I wasn't a member in this site, I don't think I would ever know my apps have an update. Wondering what seems to be the problem.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually just started getting notifications for updates again after about a month of not getting them. You must have taken my bad mojo. Sorry.

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have never received any app update notifications as well. I have an 822 on Verizon that I have had since early December. I've read all the posts on this site and tried all the tips; soft reset, unpin and repin the store app, turning the phone off and then on in various iterations. Right now I am trying the 'wait and see' approach, not updating apps that I see on WPCentral that have updates and hoping that the notifications will just start working on their own. So far, nothing.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
it used to take a couple of days before notifying me but now notifies everyday at around the same time if there is an update. Sometimes it doesn't show up straight away that there is an update, unless you go to the apps page in the store, that could be the issue, which isn't an issue really...

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a strange problem with app updates. My phone notifies me of updates for some apps every time they receive an update, but for most other apps it never notifies me. For example, today I got updates for Mehdoh and Snes8x. My phone always lets me know of any updates for these apps. However, Whatsapp and BLINK also got updates today, but I didn't get notified and I've never been notified of updates for these apps before.

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have never received any app update notifications as well. I have an 822 on Verizon that I have had since early December. I've read all the posts on this site and tried all the tips; soft reset, unpin and repin the store app, turning the phone off and then on in various iterations. Right now I am trying the 'wait and see' approach, not updating apps that I see on WPCentral that have updates and hoping that the notifications will just start working on their own. So far, nothing.

that's not good at all. I don't really feel like doing any hard resets that will wipe out my pictures and documents in my phone. Kinda bummer

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I get faster notifications from this website and its live tile telling me of updates. (Like the WPCentral 3.8 app)

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes get notifications on the "live" tile but more often than not I have to open the marketplace app to be told about any available updates

Mandymoo11

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Lo and behold I received my first notification this morning. The live tile showed 16 so I went to the store and they all downloaded. Life is good. 😊

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've got a cyan 920 I got when you could first preorder. I've had no problem with update notifications. Get a notice on the store tile. Got the one for WP Central yesterday with no problem. Even got the notice for Portico a while back.

tiomi

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be a hit-or-miss problem. I used to receive notifications of updates via the store tile with no issues, and one day the notifications just stopped altogether. It happened shortly after Portico. Lumia 920 on ATT. I've searched the web but haven't found any conclusive info or workaround. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, guys.

gladbecker82

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Me too, i was searching this Forum thinking i might not be the only one ;) Im probably searching for some of my apps if they got an update, it happened for me also out of the blue, no apparent reason. Lumia 920/Vodafone.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
After a hard reset or flash, or turning your brand new phone on.. the FIRST burst of app updates notification is really random
If youre lucky it will come within 2 - 3 days. But it can take more than a week

after that initial delay though.. things become normal and updates are regular

IceDree

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My 8X (Came with Portico) used to be like this , I did the UnPin >> Restart via Buttons Camo. >> RePin & its working fine now !

tiomi

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone is following this thread - wanted to report that my app updates are working again. I spent 4 days out of the country and used the phone on wifi only (had a different phone with a local SIM for calling). When coming back into the US and booting up the phone for the first time after landing, I was greeted with 28 app updates on the store tile! Applied them all, and it's been working normally ever since. Go figure. Not sure what "reset" it - was it a fix on MS's side during my absence? some sort of reset that occurred to my Microsoft account? I guess it will remain a mystery. I'm just happy it was fixed! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers