How to prevent contacts, calendar, emails etc from syncing with Live.com

kchin80

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Is there a way to prevent my Nokia Lumia 920 (running WP8) from synchronizing contacts, calendars, emails etc with Live.com (which needs to be created in order to install apps from Store)? I would like to keep the contacts, calendars, emails etc. in the phone only and nowhere else. Thanks.

Regards,
Kenneth

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi Kenneth,

Open up Settings -> email+accounts -> your account. In there you can uncheck the items you don't want to sync and that's it!

kchin80

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
@Andygoes: Thanks for the info, I set up a Microsoft account because it is required to use the Store, but the Microsoft account does not allow you the options to uncheck contacts and calendars synchronization. Only emails can be checked. It seems Windows Phone 8 by design will sync the phone contacts and calendars to Microsoft. Is there a way out?

lnsertName

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
If you do not want to sync your details to your email address, I would recommend resetting the handset, and then creating a Microsoft account specifically for your handset. Then add your personal email address as a separate account. This way your contacts etc will still be backed up, to the specific Microsoft acct that you created but your personal email is not effected.

-----

EDIT

After re-reading I understand you created a Microsoft account when you got this phone... There is no way to stop it syncing contacts & email. You can turn off the sync of messages/settings etc but that is all.

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, Kenneth, I was going based off of my WP7 device settings. Got my 920 now and see that, indeed, you can't change those settings. I'll give a +1 to InsertName's suggestion - use the new account for purchases only and then add your other accounts. As far as I know, however, there is no way to store contacts to the device only.

arislgr

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Kenneth,

Open up Settings -> email+accounts -> your account. In there you can uncheck the items you don't want to sync and that's it!

Hi, I have a somehow similar situation with my WP8, when I go to Settings-> email+accounts-> my Hotmail account, the only content available for me to choose to sync, is Email. There is no option for me to choose to sync Contacts (or People) , which is the sync problem I have. ANy ideas please?

bjcascone

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I know this thread is rather old and may not be the best place to post this, so if someone has a better location please let me know.

I am having an issue. I had an older e-mail account that I attached to my Nokia 928 (G-mail) it was a secondary account. I have deleted the account from my phone and none of the contacts from that account are on the device, except when I go to compose an e-mail from any existing e-mail account, the autofill remembers those contacts and attempts to use them. Any idea of how I can remove those contacts?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes