Email forwarding

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I forward emails from my 920, the person who received the email, receives it as an .eml attachment rather than in the main body of the email. The problem is that some people don't realize that they have to open the .eml file in order to view the forwarded email. Is there a way to change this?

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you know what email client they are using? It sounds like it might be a problem on their end, where the client is setup to not view attachments inline. I've never gotten that complaint from anyone I've forwarded email to from my 920.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The issue seems to be my end, rather than the recipient, as it is the same no matter who the recipient is. A colleague, for example, who has a gmail account, receives my forwarded email as a mime-attachment on his iPhone. Another colleague, who has an exchange account, receives it as an eml-attachment on his Lumia 920. My sent items show all forwarded emails as eml-attachments.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
For the record, the recipients usually do not have a problem opening the eml or mime attachments, the problem being rather that some people do no seem to realize that they have to open the attachment in order to view the forwarded email.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I have had this problem before. Do you download the attachment before you forward it? I think for it to forward"correctly" you have to download it first, then forward it.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
It is not an issue with forwarding an attachment, but rather that when I forward an email, the recipient receives the forwarded email as an attachment.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you using Exchange Server 2003? I think there was a problem with that older version, but I believe it was fixed. Possibly your server needs an update.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you using Exchange Server 2003? I think there was a problem with that older version, but I believe it was fixed. Possibly your server needs an update.

I think this is it! Thanks very much!!
Do you know if a normal update will suffice, or do I need to purchase a newer Exchange Server?

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading a bit online, and it seems that the only way to fix this is by updating to Exchange Server 2010 or higher. Is this indeed the case?

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The most absurd is that my old iPhone 4 did not suffer from this issue but my Lumia 920 does, as WP8 and Exchange Server 2003 are both Microsoft products.

BCH

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I think there is a patch for Exchange 2003. I had the problem with WP7 before our office upgraded to the current version. It affected many Android phones, also. You can probably find a few threads elsewhere about the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes