Unable to open documents from login website

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I am new to the forum, and have searched alot but could not find a solution for my problem.
I chose a windows phone mainly because of the integrated office features, but I cannot open documents from my university's website which is quite a bummer..

I have no problem opening documents, pdf's or excel files from the web in general, only from websites that require me to log in. IE downloads the file (it goes so fast that it actually seems like it doesn't really downloads it) and shows "tap to open", but when I tap, nothing happens?

Has anyone else experienced this problem, perhaps know how to make it work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
(btw my phone is a Nokia Lumia 920)

Regards
Magnus

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you, there's a bug. Like you, I don't have problems opening files, most of the time, bit sometimes like when I try and open a zip file, nothing happens, it stays on the tap here to open.

Have you sent it to yourself then tried to open them? If they do then we know its a bug.

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, when i upload the same files to skydrive from my pc, i can open them just fine.

Zip files usually open just fine, atleast when downloaded from website that doesn't require me to log in..

Will try some other secure websites to see if it is a problem regarding my university's website or a general problem with secure sites..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon