Background apps not working in background

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
I have apps like Weather Flow and Amazing Weather HD configured to work in the background on my AT&T Lumia 920, but they never do. They never update my live tile until I open them again. I've tried blocking them and then allowing them again, uninstalling and then reinstalling them, ... Nothing works. Is this a common problem and is there a solution for it?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have apps like Weather Flow and Amazing Weather HD configured to work in the background on my AT&T Lumia 920, but they never do. They never update my live tile until I open them again. I've tried blocking them and then allowing them again, uninstalling and then reinstalling them, ... Nothing works. Is this a common problem and is there a solution for it?

They update regularly every 30 minutes for me. Not a problem, so don't think there is a solution. Perhaps reboot? It could be a terrible data connection.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
reboot. And you can't have too many there, I once had 10 and none of them would update. Currently I have 6 an everything works lie it should :)

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
No, no, I'm very disciplined and always block rogue apps that think they should be running in the background. I never have more than 5. See attached. This has been happening for months, so I've obviously rebooted many times. No luck. :cry:

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130406_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130406_0001.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 3

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Apps in the background need arming first. So after install you need to launch them from start screen.
Now any working background agent can crash(due to various reasons). If crash occurs then it will get marked as bugged. Happens again and then it will not run in background until you rearm it.

I don't know but maybe due to some connection issues those apps crashed in the background for you and were banned from rearming every 30 mins. If that is the case just realunch them from start and they will be rearmed in 30 mins.

razor1973

Aug 16, 2008
Visit site
Apps in the background need arming first. So after install you need to launch them from start screen.
Now any working background agent can crash(due to various reasons). If crash occurs then it will get marked as bugged. Happens again and then it will not run in background until you rearm it.

I don't know but maybe due to some connection issues those apps crashed in the background for you and were banned from rearming every 30 mins. If that is the case just realunch them from start and they will be rearmed in 30 mins.
Done that many times too. I've actually blocked them, then allowed them to run in background next time they run and run them again. I've even rebooted at this point and nothing, days later, weeks later.

Shoulders

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem L920 on Orange(EE) in the UK.

Got my phone when it launched in November and live tiles were working fine up until a month or so ago. Only have 4 background tasks (AppointTile, Fuse, WPcentral, Amazing Weather), and Facebook, which you can't block.

After the 1308 update a week or so ago, They started working again for a few days and now have stopped again.

I've done all the suggestions, and I turn my phone off at night so it gets at least a daily reboot.

I had this with WP7 on occasion and hopped they'd sorted it in WP8, but they seemed to have re-introduced it again, after 4 months of it working fine.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss