04-09-2013 08:21 PM
73 123
tools
    I haven't seen one in Columbus or Cincinnati in the past 2 years
    Jnbs likes this.
    04-08-2013 08:27 AM
    I've never cared what other people are doing/using. I do what I want.
    04-08-2013 08:39 AM
    It is just you :)
    Jnbs likes this.
    04-08-2013 08:40 AM
    No, the geeks have Androids. WP8 users would be people who think the hardware's colours make them 'stand out from the crowd' and/or people who somehow like the UI.
    04-08-2013 08:42 AM
    It is just you :)
    Alright .. Lol :)
    04-08-2013 08:42 AM
    I've never cared what other people are doing/using. I do what I want.
    Me too I don't care, but I want to see more people with WP as evidence that it is taking off...
    04-08-2013 08:44 AM
    What I mean is that you see people with iPhones and androids all the time, but I barely see any WP on the street.. Maybe is a U.S thing only, who knows..

Thanks in advance for commenting..

Cheers..
    Why would that translate to "geeks"?
    Its pure probability, really. Tona of people have iPhones, and they look practically identical, and as such are more easily noticed, galaxy phones are also up there, WP is faaaaaaar behind. Ergo fewer sightings.

Why would they be geeks?
    04-08-2013 08:51 AM
    It's just you.
    Also me :)
    04-08-2013 09:07 AM
    Why would that translate to "geeks"?
    Its pure probability, really. Tona of people have iPhones, and they look practically identical, and as such are more easily noticed, galaxy phones are also up there, WP is faaaaaaar behind. Ergo fewer sightings.

Why would they be geeks?
    Well I meant geeks as non isheeps pretty much. Where the people who own a WP are way more educated about functionality than the regular person..
    04-08-2013 10:04 AM
    Well I meant geeks as non isheeps pretty much. Where the people who own a WP are way more educated about functionality than the regular person..
    ohh, that's because the platform is still very new, so many people who got one had to specifically seek it out. Those types of of people do more research beforehand than the ones that just get an iPhone because everyone else has one or Android because they don't have to pay for it out of pocket at the carrier store or don't care as long as it just calls and texts.

People who get Android to tinker with tend to be a lot more educated about functionality than anyone else, though - they have to be, since they're doing all their own IT support on their device :)
    despertador likes this.
    04-08-2013 10:18 AM
    I dont think so, a lot of people have WP with no more knowhow or depth than an average ios user.
    I get that people get iphones If they dont care about Smartphones like people on forums do. Known brand, looks ok. Nuff said.

Personally i find them too small screenwise, useless UI, and quite boring designwise.
    I much prefer the 920 and s3/4 over the iPhones, myself, in those regards.
    04-08-2013 10:33 AM
    Me too I don't care, but I want to see more people with WP as evidence that it is taking off...
    The people who support one of our payroll apps all have Lumia 900s. I was pretty shocked/impressed to so them.

They seem fairly happy with them also. It made me feel all that much more dirty for using an Android at the moment.. I am waiting for Verizon's next next Windows Phone. Catwalk or whatever is next.
    04-08-2013 11:02 AM
    04-08-2013 11:47 AM
    I have always liked Nokia phones, I have owned a couple of N-series in past but until recently it was really hard to find decent Nokia models in Canada unless you payed an arm and a leg for one.

I have been a BlackBerry supporter for the last 6 years, and was proud to support a Canadian based device. I have had them all you name it. But BlackBerry has been nothing but disappointment in the last 2 years or so. I did my best to try and give them yet another chance but I got tired of constantly having to defend my self and BB to others. But the each new device it was becoming harder and harder to do so.

Keep in mind I work for one of Canada's 3 Largest Mobile carriers. So I see every phone model out there and their issues and return rates. I had been following the progress of the L920 for quite some time since it was announced. The day it got released by Rogers I had no second thoughts. I tossed my BB9900 into the drawer and went straight to the store to get my new L920.

Now the Z10 is out, I thought "oh no, will I regret buying the L920" ......... HECK NO!!!!!! I have seen and used the Z10, its a decent BB, much improved but still not as good as the L920.

I am a proud owner of an L920(personal phone) and L800 w/ 7.8update ( work phone )
    04-08-2013 12:34 PM
    I'm a geek, but I was also with Palm for years and years and only ended moving to Android on Sprint, when my OG Palm Pre was just getting to be useless (hardware was just dying). I really liked the OS and have been looking forward to moving to WP8, as it is more inline with what I really liked with WebOS.
    I see a few around where I live, and I live in the sticks, but most are business users looking to take advantage of sky drive and one note integrations with Windows 8.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-08-2013 01:04 PM
    Here in the UK I never see anyone with a Windows Phone, I know 3 people with a Windows phone, me I am a geek, my Mrs as I convinced her it was a good idea :) and her brother who is also a geek. Windows phone gets quite a lot of advertising in the UK yet the only place you see a Windows Phone in the street is in the shop windows of phone shops.
    04-08-2013 01:33 PM
    Geeks goes for high end hardware(android) and aswell they can hack and do other things in android, iOS and WP is more for a normal people OS, who doesn't want to waste their time on changing bootloaders and other that kind of thingies.
    Aswell there's alot of non geeks android users, but they use it because it's popular, not because they like it or something.
    I choosed WP8 cause it looks future proof and i use Windows 8 my only need is good photos, videos and word documents sync, maybe that's geeky, i don't even know.
    04-08-2013 01:43 PM
    I might be a geek, but i dont use my phone for much geeky stuff like bootloaders etc., just normal everyday use.
    And I'm getting the s4 to replace my 920.

I also know several people who aren't using their phone for geeky things but simply like the screen sizes and design, along with the fact that its as easy to use as the competitors OSes and the fact that its a widely known OS and as such has a big selection of apps etcetera.

Personally there are things I dislike about my 920, even if I think its a great phone. Small things, but in large quantities it becomes reasonable for me to change.
    04-08-2013 02:31 PM
    I'm no geek
    04-08-2013 04:01 PM
    Is it just you or all the ones that keep this thread going poo poo heads?

This thread annoyed me.
    04-08-2013 04:03 PM
    Is it just you or all the ones that keep this thread going poo poo heads?

This thread annoyed me.
    STAHP AND GEEK WITH US!! ������⚠����o
    JerseySal likes this.
    04-08-2013 04:07 PM
    No problem with geeks....just get annoyed by blanket descriptions of certain folks. It's like stating that all men that own poodles like to ride their bicycles without a seat on them. That's not true...only 99% of them do.
    04-08-2013 04:12 PM
    "geek" is a relative term in modern phone sense, bootloads, widgets, all these terms are meaningless to the average user who wants little fuss with their products. I turned on 2 folks in my immediate circle to WP platform and still have to remind them to update their apps and phones.. I won't speak for the majority, however, from personal observation and basic deduction average folks don't really care to fuss too much, hive minds want to have and be alike, its our nature.
    04-08-2013 04:31 PM
    No problem with geeks....just get annoyed by blanket descriptions of certain folks. It's like stating that all men that own poodles like to ride their bicycles without a seat on them. That's not true...only 99% of them do.
    I just started it to see how many "non-geeks have a WP" or how many people you have seen using a WP since so far the only ones that I have seen are geeks..
    04-08-2013 04:38 PM
    Out of the ones I know have a WP, all three are very "nongeeks", barely know pure basics about a phone. Much like the average iphoneuser I suspect.
    04-08-2013 04:40 PM
73 123