How to Synch Outlook with multiple computers and phone?

runeurotic

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I have Outlook 2007 installed on laptop and desktop. ALso have HTC Windows phone 8x. First, can't sych outlook between both computers. I have Hotmail connector installed on both. Imported my gmail account calendar/ and email inbox into outlook.com. Now I have only some emails arriving on one computer or the other. Emails are all arriving on my phone, but my phone calendar is not picking up outlook calendar meetings accepted on my computers. Can someone give me detailed instructions on easiest way to sych Outlook emails and calendars with 2 computers/phone? THANKS!!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would start from scratch and delete all accounts on pcs and phone.

Make sure your office has the latest updates from windows update. Also make sure Hotmail connecter is the latest version. Delete the data files and profiles from your pcs and phones.

Reconfigure outlook 2007 with Hotmail connector. From your phone, go to sync settings and make sure "calendar" is selected.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You can't sync Outlook on two different computers, unless you have access to the .pst file on both computers (like a roaming profile). If you install Outlook Connector, you can add your mapi account (Outlook or Hotmail or Live) and sync to any and all computers and your phone. The info will be synced to Outlook.com and then distributed from there to your devices/computers when you have your Microsoft account on the devices. When you are in Outlook 2007 on your computers, use the folder view to see your Microsoft account. You can have multiple calendars and they will all sync to Outlook.com, but you can only have one Contact list. (I guess, if you don't add a pop or imap account, and just add your Microsoft account, you will not need to use the folder view.)

In theory, it's pretty simple, haha.

runeurotic

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, not sure how to configure the Connector other than to type in my gmail address. Is there something else to do? I have it in on both computer but it's not syncing...only loads on one or the other computer.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss