Garmin app not listed

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Until recently, I was able to use Bing to search for a location (like a restaurant) tap the location on the local screen. Then I would scroll two screens to the right to the Apps screen and choose Garmin. Garmin would launch with the searched for destination ready to go.

Today I was out and needed to get somewhere. I went to the apps page and Garmin is no longer listed.

What gives? Is there a way I can get it back as one of those apps listed for a local location? It was one of my favorite features. Now there are just a bunch of apps I don't even think apply. Like Flickr.....

My phone us an HTC 8x

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Until recently, I was able to use Bing to search for a location (like a restaurant) tap the location on the local screen. Then I would scroll two screens to the right to the Apps screen and choose Garmin. Garmin would launch with the searched for destination ready to go.

Today I was out and needed to get somewhere. I went to the apps page and Garmin is no longer listed.

What gives? Is there a way I can get it back as one of those apps listed for a local location? It was one of my favorite features. Now there are just a bunch of apps I don't even think apply. Like Flickr.....

My phone us an HTC 8x

Garmin is a paid app, maybe it expired for trial?

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. I use this app over the nokia drive app because of its traffic information and text to speech feature. Now i have to load the garmin app and search for things from there, which is annoying since i research places through the search section.

Now i have to research, go to the home screen, load the garmin app, look for the business (which can be hit or miss), then get directions.
This is opposed to doing the research, swiping directly to the garmin app which automatically loads the information there.

There's only a couple added steps, but this is annoying, especially while you're driving.

Charlie Pelosi

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. I use this app over the nokia drive app because of its traffic information and text to speech feature. Now i have to load the garmin app and search for things from there, which is annoying since i research places through the search section.

Now i have to research, go to the home screen, load the garmin app, look for the business (which can be hit or miss), then get directions.
This is opposed to doing the research, swiping directly to the garmin app which automatically loads the information there.

There's only a couple added steps, but this is annoying, especially while you're driving.

hi. It is back again on my phone. So check the app list again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720