hi
    i have syncd up my office mail to WP8 phone.. and its working well, but the problem is whenever am deleting any mail from phone, it also delete from
    exchange server. means after deleting from phone if am checking my outlook that mail is deleted from inbox.. I dont wante to keep everymail in phone so wanted them to delelte locally from Phone..
    Can we delete this locally from Phone only not from exchange server..? if not than this needs to be enhanced like other OS.
    Please suggest.

Regards.
    Mukesh
    Last edited by Mukesh Patel; 04-24-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    04-24-2013 05:40 AM
    Windows phone is syncing to the exchange server using The Active Sync protocol. This allows for push email/calendar/contacts syncing. If you would like to delete from the phone but not the server you would need to be able to add the account as a POP3 email account, which then would not sync calendar and contacts as well. As for being enhanced like other OS, every other smartphone or other OS that I have used that uses the Active Sync protocol to sync email with an exchange server or other compatible server has displayed the behavior of removing email off the phone and the server as the phone has a live view of your inbox.
    04-24-2013 07:07 PM
    hi
    i have syncd up my office mail to WP8 phone.. and its working well, but the problem is whenever am deleting any mail from phone, it also delete from
    exchange server.
    Can we delete this locally from Phone only not from exchange server..? if not than this needs to be enhanced like other OS.
    Exchange Server works on Exchange ActiveSync, which is a two-way sync between server and devices. This means the changes are reflected at both the places, and this is the very purpose of it, to sync the exact data and information in real time.

POP/POP3 downloads a copy of email from the server, and the changes are limited to that device only (If you have selected the option to leave a copy of email on the server after downloading), but I haven't heard of organizations using this kind of configuration for Office email, mostly ActiveSync is used.

So you can't do what you desire with Exchange Mail, you would need to use POP3 as brandas already suggested.
    04-25-2013 02:03 AM
    Maybe you just can limit the amount of past days that the mail folder syncs (ex: 7).
    04-25-2013 02:44 PM