cursor bug in OneNote

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello I found a problem in OneNote. It seems it is impossible to place cursor in the middle of the word (by hodling finger over it) because when you try it it jumps like 4 rows above the selected word. If you have just few lines of text the cursor appears in the note title...
Do you notice this too? I have Huawei Ascend W1. I must say I find Android style cursor behaviour much easier to use and understand... It is also much closer to actuall windows on a pc strangely :-]

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Initially tap and hold off to the right side of the screen, then drag your finger to the middle of the word. The cursor is offset to be above your finger so you can see it when you drag around.

McVitas

May 5, 2013
Visit site
OMG... it took me a while before I understood it! I thought the cursor is always above the word, because it is so when you have just one line of text! Logically I would assume that if I select a word and then tap, hold and release, the cursor will appear in the word I have selected and not somewhere above it as it does when you have more lines of text :facepalmsmiley:
Again I must say Android cursor behaviour seems much more natural and quickly to understand then this puzzle that Microsoft invented :-] I don't know why it isn't just the same as in windows on a pc - tap once , have cursor inside the word somewhere, double tap and select the whole word...

Justin429

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I would say that typically (on a touch operated device) the default behavior when you touch a word is that you do, in fact, want to select the word. That's why the behavior of inserting a cursor isn't the default. But yes, I can understand that coming from a different platform, there are going to be things that require some getting used to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes