Limited edition Nokia phones on Verizon Wireless for father's day

7thGear

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for a cyan 928, though every week that passes my patience thins and the white 928 looks a little more attractive. I really do hope the other colors get released in July!

ominaxe

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to think I'm with you guys. Although I think that it's this kind of consumerism that keeps the colors from coming. xD

Any word TCman? 27th look promising still?

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
yea my upgrade was just up a couple days ago. i think i can wait until the end of july the latest for the new colors to either come out or at least hear any updates about any near future releases.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'd have to say I'm getting a little skeptical of the 27th, seems like we'd be hearing about it from multiple channels by now. Then again, this isn't the GS4 so the colors will likely slip out the door without much notice. Still hoping we'll see them, the battery in my wife's phone has taken a dramatic turn for the worse so I need to pick up something. soon for her.

nufan947

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd have to say I'm getting a little skeptical of the 27th, seems like we'd be hearing about it from multiple channels by now. Then again, this isn't the GS4 so the colors will likely slip out the door without much notice. Still hoping we'll see them, the battery in my wife's phone has taken a dramatic turn for the worse so I need to pick up something. soon for her.

I'm doubting it'll be the 27th, mainly cause we haven't heard any news of sales slowing down, i.e. no need to make a push with new colors yet. But obviously we're all speculating til someone tells us something different!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm doubting it'll be the 27th, mainly cause we haven't heard any news of sales slowing down, i.e. no need to make a push with new colors yet. But obviously we're all speculating til someone tells us something different!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Agreed. Even TC said that the sales were still holding up strong a couple weeks ago. My guess is we either get colors by mid July or we don't get colors.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The 27th ended being a price cutt. Since Nokia is now a top selling brand for Verizon (3rd or 2nd depending on the region), it has completely changed the strategy(s) emplaced. There has been a lot of back and forth meetings with Microsoft and Nokia which is unusual. Perhaps negotiation for a new device. It's hard to tell what Nokia is up because everything is kept in confidentiality even within Verizon. I wish I had something more concrete for you guys

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The 27th ended being a price cutt. Since Nokia is now a top selling brand for Verizon (3rd or 2nd depending on the region), it has completely changed the strategy(s) emplaced. There has been a lot of back and forth meetings with Microsoft and Nokia which is unusual. Perhaps negotiation for a new device. It's hard to tell what Nokia is up because everything is kept in confidentiality even within Verizon. I wish I had something more concrete for you guys

So would you recommend those like myself that have been holding out, wating for a red or cyan 928 to be announced, to not waste any more time and just get one now?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for keeping us posted, TC. It's just so odd that they did originally have Cyan and Red set to go and decided to stick with white and black anyway. It's sounding like we're not going to get any nifty colors after all :asleep:

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So would you recommend those like myself that have been holding out, wating for a red or cyan 928 to be announced, to not waste any more time and just get one now?

there is a NDA within Verizon so very few people know what's going on since the boon of Lumia. I would say if you must have it in Red or Cyan wait till mid to late July. If not get the white one with payment plan and then upgrade to whatever Verizon comes up with for their new WP lineup

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
there is a NDA within Verizon so very few people know what's going on since the boon of Lumia. I would say if you must have it in Red or Cyan wait till mid to late July. If not get the white one with payment plan and then upgrade to whatever Verizon comes up with for their new WP lineup

What are the chances that there will EVER be a Red or Cyan version of the phone released?

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for keeping us posted, TC. It's just so odd that they did originally have Cyan and Red set to go and decided to stick with white and black anyway. It's sounding like we're not going to get any nifty colors after all :asleep:

Bold colors are tricky and WP devices seem to be a hit or miss. It was either do att style and order so little or wait a month and order based on actual sales. Now why Nokia/Microsoft wanted to wait idk. I guess well know in July. All I know Verizon is loving it. They've already negotiated lower price with blackberry, HTC. I wouldn't be surprised if GS4 goes down to 149.99 soon

icstars989

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
If this thing is selling so well, how low were their expectations? There still aren't any reputable cases out for it that I've seen. You'd think if the 928 was selling as well as it sounds, more people would be jumping on board and making accessories for it.

Edit- I see Incipio has finally released a case (clip on), so maybe we are heading in the right direction.

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If this thing is selling so well, how low were their expectations? There still aren't any reputable cases out for it that I've seen. You'd think if the 928 was selling as well as it sounds, more people would be jumping on board and making accessories for it.

Edit- I see Incipio has finally released a case (clip on), so maybe we are heading in the right direction.
928 right now holds about 7.7% (estimated of course) of total WP market share in U.S. While 822 has about 23%

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes