How do I transfer pdf & epbub files to my WP8?

dongdonkdong

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would like to transfer some pdf & epbub files to my WP8. I have transfered the files when it's connected to my Windows 7 computer over the usb cable and with the qindows fileexplorer. Hoewever the files does not show up in the pdf reader. Do I need to put them in a speciel folder? I put them in the documents folder in the phone

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
For PDFs you put them in the Documents folder and then go to Office Hub to open them. It's a roundabout way of doing things but that's WP. As for ePubs, unless you have a program that uses ePubs you won't be able to open them at all and they won't show up anywhere as there's no viewing folders on WP. If you do have a ePub program I would recommend finding out how it finds it's files, most likely Skydrive, and go with that.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The answer that comes quickly to mind is skydrive. You can use the skydrive app on desktop and phone to sync these files. You can also email them to yourself. I'm at work, so I can't hook my phone to the PC (and even if I could, I work in a bank, so anything saved to an external device would get encrypted and only able to open on other bank computers), but I'm thinking you can access the documents folder on the phone - don't remember for sure, though, and haven't tried it. Skydrive is the method I use, as I have the Skydrive desktop application as well as the phone app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
The answer that comes quickly to mind is skydrive. You can use the skydrive app on desktop and phone to sync these files. You can also email them to yourself. I'm at work, so I can't hook my phone to the PC (and even if I could, I work in a bank, so anything saved to an external device would get encrypted and only able to open on other bank computers), but I'm thinking you can access the documents folder on the phone - don't remember for sure, though, and haven't tried it. Skydrive is the method I use, as I have the Skydrive desktop application as well as the phone app.

You can only access the documents folder on the phone via the Office Hub and then only if there is a program that works with them. There are five folders you can access on your phone when attached to your computer. These are all associated with MS programs for use. Skydrive is only useful if you have a WiFi connection handy or a good data limit. Again, you can only use files the phone has an app available for it otherwise it won't recognize it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can only access the documents folder on the phone via the Office Hub and then only if there is a program that works with them. There are five folders you can access on your phone when attached to your computer. These are all associated with MS programs for use.
Ok - thanks. I hadn't tried.
Skydrive is only useful if you have a WiFi connection handy or a good data limit. Again, you can only use files the phone has an app available for it otherwise it won't recognize it.
Not true. You can download pdf from Skydrive using wifi, and if you turn on the airplane mode, and go back into the PDF Reader app, your pdf is there. You don't need to be on wifi or cellular to use documents that are already downloaded.
The epub files that OP asked about - upload to Skydrive and download them with Freda - a very good ebook reader app.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not true. You can download pdf from Skydrive using wifi, and if you turn on the airplane mode, and go back into the PDF Reader app, your pdf is there. You don't need to be on wifi or cellular to use documents that are already downloaded.

You misunderstood my meaning. You more or less repeated what I stated. I wasn't saying you need to be connected to Skydrive to use the file but to access the file you need WiFi or a data connection to get it. You still need an app to use the file otherwise the file doesn't download or disappears on your phone.

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok - thanks. I hadn't tried.

You misunderstood my meaning. You more or less repeated what I stated. I wasn't saying you need to be connected to Skydrive to use the file but to access the file you need WiFi or a data connection to get it. You still need an app to use the file otherwise the file doesn't download or disappears on your phone.

This is the problem of 1st world countries lol. And that's why these people don't need any offline capabilities of phone. I'm seriously worried about desktop windows future against chrome OS now lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi