Hi Everybody,
    just a quick question about email. When i respond to an email sometimes the recipient receives my reply in a new email separate from the one he sent me. You know, it's a little bit annoying!
    Any idea how to fix this problem?
    I have a Lumia 920 and i use gmail.

Thanks
    06-07-2013 01:21 PM
    You might find that this arises when you have sent an e-mail to someone who does not have their e-mail set to threaded e-mails. So as soon as they reply to you you get a new thread.
    ElGrinto likes this.
    06-07-2013 07:20 PM
    Hi cndspec,
    maybe i didn't explain well...
    When sending e-mail messages with Gmail in the Windows Phone 8 Mail app often the conversation threading is not preserved in my actual Gmail account. The conversation threading is observed in the phone itself but every new reply sent through my phone is a new conversation in Gmail. As a result, after a full day or two of e-mail messaging, I find that my Gmail account is flooded with new conversations and this makes sorting of messages more difficult.
    Is there a way to preserve gmail conversation threading in my Gmail account as well as with my phone?
    06-08-2013 05:28 AM
    Well, I'm assuming that your gmail is defaulted to threaded conversations. Having said that though, this could be an instance of Google just not playing nicely with Microsoft. Google had recently made some changes on their backend which for a short while made it almost impossible to get your gmail on windows phone. That was very brief, several weeks ago now. There had been an e-mail from Microsoft about it at the time that there was some question about whether or not gmail would be further supported. Gmail had to be reinstalled on all Windows 8 systems, as well as being reinstalled on the windows phone handsets. I had to delete and recreate the account on my husbands phone to get his syncing again. Haven't paid any attention to whether or not it has not been threading messages since then. He hasn't complained about any issues though.

The fact that you are indicating that it is in your Gmail account where it not threaded and not on your Windows phone says to me that it is on Google's end where the issue is arising. So assuming that you have everything set the way that it should be I would have to say that you what you are likely dealing with is a Google-Microsoft issue where once again the consumers bear the brunt of the big guys trying to push each other around.
    ElGrinto likes this.
    06-08-2013 07:23 PM
    Thank you,
    in these stupid wars between big companies the first who lose is the consumer...
    I'll try to use a gmail app and see how it works. Any to suggest?? I tried Gmail By Ecomerc but now it's down for some problem...
    06-10-2013 05:25 AM