Messaging Hub is now Skype in 8.1

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft just put out an update for People, Calendar and Mail. It took away the Messaging Hub.

If you go to your People hub in Windows 8.1, and click on send a message via Messenger, it will Open up Skype. I am not sure if this is a welcome change or not. I have been having issues with my Facebook contacts showing up and never know if I am chatting via messenger, Skype or Facebook.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'll have to take a look on my Surface when I get home.

This is a good thing, they need to unify their messaging systems.

Jader Rubini

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I fail to see how this can be a good change. Skype's integration with Facebook is a total mess!
Since I updated my Surface to 8.1 I never received message notifications from Facebook again. My Facebook contacts don't show up in my contact list on Skype!
Seems like Microsoft has killed one of the selling points of Windows 8, which is its nice integration with social networks.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
That's frigging great, they destroyed probably my favourite part about Windows 8 -_- Skype doesn't work for this for me at all as we speak, there's no way for me to speak on Facebook with people through Skype.

Not sure if I want to update my Surface to 8.1. at this time then, maybe when they fix this somehow, but snapped messaging hub is probably the most used thing on my Surface. I'm seriously pissed about this.

Does anyone have any idea how to have Skype account for FB-contacts? Cos my Skype has never shown a single FB contact and still doesn't. Perhaps a 8.1. update for Skype is coming soon, but once again.. I'm furious about this.

Hmmh, luckily though the new FB app is REALLY good, maybe I'll just update and use that as my new Messaging-hub, as I primarly used it for FB-chat anyways.

Last edited:

Rahulkumar31

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Totally crap.. The older messaging hub was so great.. I used to show off this thing to anyone who ever questioned windows phone.. This was one of the best parts of windows phone... Seriously microsoft.. what were you thinking?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas