Tether ? X Tethering Application Available for Windows Phone 8

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
There are no others, but you can redirect all usage on your PC through that proxy. Can't explain typing, but Bing it and you'll find videos or articles. Its basically related to Windows firewall.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Can you possibly elaborate further on the method you're referring to? I found info but I'm not sure if I have to use a SOCKS or just HTTP proxy. Thanks.

Paul Daigle1

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Pardon me. I am trying to set my uncle up with the tether x pro and am willing to pay. Curious to know if the app is compatible with windows XP. He is stuck in the stone age and low income otherwise I would have made him upgrade. Thanks for your time & any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Peter Corduan

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
i wanted to add- this is sort of ridiculous to tether on windows phone to have to jump thru this many hoops. droid pdanet, no rooting droid or anything.
why does iphone and wp8 have such problems? is it really just the cellular ISPs causing the headache restricting tethering apps. my wife's galaxy s4 doesn't need adhoc and tether phone app and proxy desktop/laptop app. so iphone u literally have to jailbreak to do the same thing?

I have a jail broken iPad.

Is there a way I can use x-tether to tether from my m8 to my iPad?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
What hoops? My phone tethers without a problem, its people trying to get out of paying for it that have issues and have to jump through said hoops. Those are the rules set by the carrier, maybe not the most customer friendly but if you choose to use them can't really complain. Buy an unbranded phone and use a carrier that allows tethering included in its plans and you won't have a problem.
This is true. When I was on Verizon I had the same issue. No pay, no tether. Now I have a Lumia 830 on an AT&T GoPhone plan and can tether without issue. I'm not saying AT&T is great, they have a whole range of issues. Just that the pay to tether thing is just a carrier created problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon