View Poll Results: Will you stick with WP8 or 9 after your current phone or not?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

185 72.27%
  • No

15 5.86%
  • Don't know yet

56 21.88%
07-26-2013 06:49 AM
93 ... 234
tools
    I am running wp7.8 device and was highly disappointed when MS refused to upgrade to wp8. Now when I would be buying new phone most likely wp8.1 would be out. I would be on the same risk again that wp8.1 might not upgrade to wp9. So I do not think I can support wp after what MS did with wp7
    uhmm, us wp8 users will be getting wp9...
    07-25-2013 01:45 PM
    Says who?
    07-25-2013 02:03 PM
    what makes you so sure that wp8 will get wp9?
    07-25-2013 02:03 PM
    There's very little chance that we'll get wp9.
    Microsoft NEVER said that WP8 users will GET WP9.
    They just confirmed that WP8 users will get WP blue for sure.
    07-25-2013 02:25 PM
    depends on whats on offer? When i buy a phone i always look at the competition but if i do decide on wp8 it will definetly be a nokia
    07-25-2013 02:31 PM
    I think that I'll stay with MS platform if it to get the needed features and some better apps in the market place. I prefer it way better than android.
    07-25-2013 02:52 PM
    There's very little chance that we'll get wp9.
    Microsoft NEVER said that WP8 users will GET WP9.
    They just confirmed that WP8 users will get WP blue for sure.
    But didn't Microsoft also confirm that they would promise updates for longer time now? I remember hearing people say that this means it can most likely mean we are eligible to get it. What hardware restrictions are there now for that? I don't see any lol
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-25-2013 03:41 PM
    I will get a new WP somewhere next winter, but I hope MS can bring some nice features with Blue. If Blue fails to deliver I might consider another platform, but so far WP is my favorite OS.
    07-25-2013 03:50 PM
    I am happy with where I am right now. I have now had 3 windows Phone devices. Just like I have had 3 blackberry devices and lodged between them is an iphone 3gs.

I have no reason to switch right now, but it really depends what is on the market when I am looking. I think the new firefox OS is a nogo and I don't think it can ever get even .01% of the marketshare.

I am still missing some company apps that are out for the iOS and android, for example we had a convention in Vegas Last march and the worst part was the convention map from our company was only for IOS and Android so I couldn't check in, or look up information that was available only via the app. Now they did have a HTML5 app for the convention but that ran like crap. I am also still waiting for my security cameras company to make a windows phone app as well as some monitoring services.
    07-25-2013 06:51 PM
    I'll probably stick with WP8, though I initially signed up for T-Mobile's Jump program with the intention of trying out different phones every 6 months. I upgraded to a Lumia 925 two weeks ago, but I like the 925 so much (Nokia Drive is amazing) that I'm not in any hurry to trade in my Windows Phone for something else.

Occasionally, I hear about a new app and invariably that app is not yet on Windows Phone. This can get annoying and make me long to be on some other platform, but then I remember that I only use a handful of apps in the first place, and I rarely do more with fad apps than mess around with the trail and then uninstall them. I don't even use Twitter or Instagram. The app I use the most on my Windows Phone is probably Audible. Otherwise, I mostly use the built-in apps and features like the Me tile for 90% of my social media stuff, plus the People hub, Xbox Music, Nokia Drive, and so on.

The 925's camera is awesome, and a complete 180 from my previous phone's horrendous BlurMaker1000 (tm) Camera. Maybe something will come along in the next 6 months that will make me want to switch, but I really like the simplicity, design and features of Windows Phone. At the moment, the only thing I would want to switch to in 6 months is the 1020, assuming it comes out on T-Mobile.
    07-25-2013 07:25 PM
    I have a HTC One and I come back once in a while to check on the Lumia. There is something about Windows Phone that is just so human and beautiful at the same time. Sense 5 is wonderful but the Lumia 920 is just so beautiful to hold. I will be buying another WP in May of 2015 when my contract expires because the platform always finds a way to drag me back.
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-25-2013 09:57 PM
    I voted "not sure yet" because WP 8.1 is the key for me. I love WP. I love XBOX Music, though I still have the Zune/WP 7 interface. I need to see improvement in that. There is no way I want less then what we have in performance. I love Pod casts. We are still quite a bit behind in those from Android and Apple.

I also have to admit an unhealthy attraction to BB10. Love that OS, love those gestures, and I am amazed by the keyboard.

But, when push comes to shove, any OS has to win me away from WP or MS has to kick me hard to loose me. I love me some WP. I enjoy the smoothness, the efficiency, Office (though there is room for improvement there as well), I am used to Bing, Maps, and the Outlook/calander interface, and the ecosystem they are building.

I can't say for sure where we will be in Jan/214, but I am sure of one thing: Windows Phone checks a ton of the boxes for me. Any other OS needs to prove I will be happier, safer, and will not complicate my life.

Come on 8.1..... make me proud.
    07-25-2013 10:38 PM
    Stick with it, because it has ways to go and I think in 2 years this will be the leading OS system. I mean in my opinion android is annoyingly complex and apple is annoyingly simplified. Also the concept of live tiles is revolutionary if apps can sync with toast notifications efficiently. It has so much potential and it has improved immensely. The only problem with it is the updates are so slow.
    07-25-2013 10:52 PM
    Anything (including nothing) can happen in two years. I'd hedge my bets.
    07-26-2013 04:30 AM
    I'm not leaving WP8 anytime soon!

I hope to get the Lumia 1020. :)
    07-26-2013 04:51 AM
    If they come out with a phablet, of course. If not, I don't know.
    Leaked image points at Nokia Lumia "phablet" in the works, but we shouldn't be surprised | Windows Phone Central

Well, I guess I'm sticking with WP then.
    HaibaneReki likes this.
    07-26-2013 06:02 AM
    Am I the only one horribly frustrated that my flip phone would let me make custom text tones? The little features that are missing are some of the most annoying. I have the L920 and have it on vibrate all the time, and can never feel/hear the vibrate when a call or text comes it. Little things like that drive me crazy!

I miss the fad apps because all my friends use them or talk about them. I feel like an outsider when hearing about the new hot app.

MS needs to bring some updates to keep the evangelical fans happy so they can keep promoting the platform.
    JonnieLasVegas likes this.
    07-26-2013 06:41 AM
    Over the last 1 1/2+ years I've bought various smartphones with various operating systems to determine which one I want to use in the longer term. I've narrowed it down to WP8 and iOS, though I haven't tried BB10 yet and want to give that mobile OS a chance. (I did like BB QNX on the Playbook, albeit not as much as WP7.) It is possible I may alternate between WP8 and iOS, particularly if a couple key apps that don't have viable alternatives don't come to WP8.

I will note that based on my experience using the Samsung Chromebook Series 3, which ironically I'm typing this post on right now, if Google introduces a Chrome OS smartphone (chromephone) at some point in the future - and I think they will, because I think Chrome OS will replace Android OS in time - I'll definitely try a chromephone out.
    Twitter@Firas_MD likes this.
    07-26-2013 06:49 AM
93 ... 234