Does Your Phone Keep Time

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had an HTC 8x and now have a Nokia Lumia 928 (both Verizon) and neither one have been able to keep time.
Initially, I thought it was a Verizon issue, but I have a friend with an iPhone 5 (also on Verizon) and it's dead-on with time.gov.
All of my Windows Mobile phones (Verizon) were dead-on, as well.
I have the Internet Time app, that shows the atomic clock time and my offset from it.
I've tried using the network time and setting my own time (it irritates me that I don't have per-second control of the clock).
Do you guys have similar issues?
I'm very much a "to the second" kind of guy, so this is very annoying.
JJ

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
How much is it off? Do you gain a second a day (a growing issue that needs attention) or it is always off by 2 seconds (a lagging issue) all the time or what?

I've never noticed an issue (920 on AT&T)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It changes, all the time.
Yesterday, it was about 20 seconds slow.
Today, it was a second fast.
It isn't a fixed time difference.
I've seen it as slow as 40-something seconds (that's when I called Verizon) and as fast as 15-ish seconds.
JJ

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I had an HTC 8x and now have a Nokia Lumia 928 (both Verizon) and neither one have been able to keep time.
Initially, I thought it was a Verizon issue, but I have a friend with an iPhone 5 (also on Verizon) and it's dead-on with time.gov.
All of my Windows Mobile phones (Verizon) were dead-on, as well.
I have the Internet Time app, that shows the atomic clock time and my offset from it.
I've tried using the network time and setting my own time (it irritates me that I don't have per-second control of the clock).
Do you guys have similar issues?
I'm very much a "to the second" kind of guy, so this is very annoying.
JJ

The watch on my HTC 8X was always off a few minutes when set to automatically. This is something I have really issues with, because I have either radio-controlled clocks or set my other clocks after them to get on time on my trains and trams and I really don't like to be late... and I guess because I'm Swiss ;-)

My phone was one minute off with "Set automatically" off. I don't remember when I switched to set the time manually, but it's been a while. I can live with that as I always wear an exact wristwatch.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Yep mine is always good as long as it is connected to the network. I have an old Lumia 900 that my son uses with WiFi only and doesn't have a SIM inserted and it will frequently lose the time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've since had two Samsung Ativ Odysseys and my current one is 18 seconds off.
Is there anyone else that is on Verizon, with a Windows Phone, that actually keeps time?
As mentioned, it doesn't seem to be a universally Verizon or Windows Phone issue.
It seems more like a Verizon / Windows Phone issue (well, I guess it could just be MY phones).
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720