the solution for nokia to jump to 60% of market share

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
write a light terminal services client for WP8, sort of like remote desktop. This can connect to an array of android servers hosted by Nokia .These run android apps on demand at the nokia side and just send screen updates over the interenet to the WP. the WP8 screen resolution is small enough that even on cellular it should work fine for most apps (maybe the youtube app would need wifi).

nokia could put this together in a few weeks & they could advertise the ultimate exclusive to nokia feature. Millions will switch to WP.
Games dont run well on terminal services so these millions will be the market for graphic intensive windows apps.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not see this being successful. BlackBerry isn't exactly flying off the store shelves due to ability to run many Android apps.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
why would want to run android apps through a server, it would require a constant connection to use the app in first place. Would much rather have an actual WP app.

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Would much rather have an actual WP app.
???? by just dreaming on nothing will change. ASDA & Tesco (amongst hundreds of other everyday shopping outlets) for example only supports iphone/android with their app. the last app i needed was that for Alton towers theme park, as usual only ios/android supported.

accessing their android app through terminal services from my WP will bridge the gap.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
???? by just dreaming on nothing will change. ASDA & Tesco (amongst hundreds of other everyday shopping outlets) for example only supports iphone/android with their app. the last app i needed was that for Alton towers theme park, as usual only ios/android supported.

accessing their android app through terminal services from my WP will bridge the gap.

Well in the real world this can't / wouldn't work because :

A: Requires constant internet connection (eating up data plan, because of the res and constantly sended touch responses)

B: copyright, you cant just stream apps without explicit permission of the app owner/google

C: why not buy the actual android phone itself? Streaming apps like this is laggy and half the quality anyway

D: no money for windows and apps in there store.

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
A . i have used this over the internet for full screen desktop apps & you would be surprised how good the compression & is, & they could implement it as certain elements like icons are cached on the client side etc. it wont work for games or youtube but that is an acceptable limitation IMO.

B. i think google would be happy to help nokia with this. MS might not be that enthusiastic

C. i will end up with 2 phones in my pocket

D temple run etc would always need to be a native WP app

when WP becomes the dominant phone in the market they always have the option of turning all of this off... like Samsung is planning to enentually dump android in favor of tizen in a few years

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
A . i have used this over the internet for full screen desktop apps & you would be surprised how good the compression & is, & they could implement it as certain elements like icons are cached on the client side etc. it wont work for games or youtube but that is an acceptable limitation IMO.

B. i think google would be happy to help nokia with this. MS might not be that enthusiastic

C. i will end up with 2 phones in my pocket

D temple run etc would always need to be a native WP app

when WP becomes the dominant phone in the market they always have the option of turning all of this off... like Samsung is planning to enentually dump android in favor of tizen in a few years
hahahahahahajahajaha

No,

A:sure it works on your desktop connected to cable/good wifi but not when people are outside with 3g

B: google wont be happy helping competition

D: they all need to be

And that last bit of yours:

No no no!!you ignorant biatch

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally I think that the first company that listens to some random idea in the web will become the most successful ever!

In the Internet, everybody always knows what's the best to do and why companies aren't successful or how they instantly could become successful! Business for a multi-billion company would be so incredibly easy if they would just read forums and did what is being told there.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
It would not be the reason for WP to get 60 percent market share. Though it would be a useful feature for many people, but it shouldn't be implemented by Nokia or Microsoft.

Allow any Android apps to be run on windows phone would take away security from the platform, Just like jailbreak app on iPhone.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a better idea, why don't Nokia just make an Android phone and get %5 of the market share instead of < %3 today.

That's all it will do. There is no Android market share to be gained. Samsung alone takes all the shares of Android. HTC and Motorola are struggling to survive there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon