Possible to access WP8 versions of Windows 8 apps I already own?

bens777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So I own a few apps on Windows 8 that are available on Windows Phone 8 too like Rayman Jungle Run but annoyingly it doesn't seem to be recognizing on my live account that I already purchased this game. Is there a way for me to make my account know I have already purchased this app and let me download it? Also does this work vice versa as I bought a couple of apps on WP8 that I can see on Windows 8 too. If this isn't posible that would be annoying, I'm sure people who own apps on their google Android accounts can download them onto multiple devices.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
They are two entirely different stores. Also, those apps aren't the exact same (WP apps can't just work on metro in windows). So the answer is no. Microsoft has plans to bring the stores together but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will only have to buy most apps once.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You can download an app on multiple WP devices that are using the same account.

The reason it works easily on IOS or android is that their phones and tablets are using the same OS with slight modifications to better be used on the different devices.

The situation is apples and oranges.

bens777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok I get it, obviously I'm not going to pay twice for the same game so its a bit annoying that some of them don't cross over (that are direct ports) linked to your xbox live account. Maybe a feature for the future.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I get it, obviously I'm not going to pay twice for the same game so its a bit annoying that some of them don't cross over (that are direct ports) linked to your xbox live account. Maybe a feature for the future.

It is annoying but if devs have to do more work, they should get paid. Now, some people think a solution would be some type of way of buying for both but for cheaper and getting cross savings. Let's say a game cost $2 on WP8 and $2 on Windows. The dev. could sell a package for $3 which would give you both. Unfortunately, there isn't any way to do that right now.

ParoleGA

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
You can download an app on multiple WP devices that are using the same account.

The reason it works easily on IOS or android is that their phones and tablets are using the same OS with slight modifications to better be used on the different devices.

The situation is apples and oranges.

This is my biggest gripe about the ecosystem, buying the same app twice. It isn't exactly true that the iOSes are the same. There are many iPad only apps. If the app can only work on, say, WinRT, that is fine. But if the same title is available on both RT/Win8, you shouldn't have to buy it twice.

The responsibility is on MS to make WP apps run in metro, not the developer to write a second app for free. This is really not acceptable. Even with a title like Halo:Spartan Assault, a wholly owned MS platformer, they make you pay 7 bucks, twice. The game, on WP and RT, are hardly different enough to consider them 2 games. That is ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea