Phone restart during messaging and messages missing after restart!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
hi all,
I have a lumia 620 and is happy with it. last day while i was chatting with PHONE messages, when I hit the send message icon, the phone suddenly restarted and there were some messages missing from the conversations. I had also faced a similar situation with the camera. the phone restarted while taking photos and then the photos were missing :cry:

now I want to know whether any one else has seen similar behavior in WP8.

waiting for responses..

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset, switch on phone, press and hole volume down + power key, leave them when the device vibrates once. Phone will restart and try using the things that caused problems.
Also remove your sim, and rub the gold colored area with an eraser, helps connections :).
Messaging > Settings, check things there.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have experienced both of these symptoms and it really upset me that Microsoft can't do something so simple as to commit these actions (writing messages, taking pictures) to memory as soon as they occur, so that even phone spasms and restarts don't result in data loss.

I once saved a screenshot of restaurants in Buffalo (before leaving Canada) to avoid needing to use data in the US, but as luck would have it, my L920 spazzed and restarted on me whilst in my pocket and the screenshot was gone as well.

It's absolutely insane that they let this happen.

It's no wonder that the iPhone keeps winning the JD Power & Assoc award for customer satisfaction. They get the basics right.

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
hi all,
I have a lumia 620 and is happy with it. last day while i was chatting with PHONE messages, when I hit the send message icon, the phone suddenly restarted and there were some messages missing from the conversations. I had also faced a similar situation with the camera. the phone restarted while taking photos and then the photos were missing :cry:

now I want to know whether any one else has seen similar behavior in WP8.

waiting for responses..

Hey, I have some potentially good news for you.

I just discovered that if you connect your Windows Phone to your PC, then open My Computer (or "Computer" depending on your Windows version) and navigate into your Windows Phone --> Pictures --> etc, you might find that your "missing" pictures are still there.

I found that the screenshots I took were there, but something in the EXIF details got messed up (Width, Height showing up as 0), but when I open the pictures, they open up just fine.

So your "missing" pictures might be there, too.

Good luck!

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I have some potentially good news for you.

I just discovered that if you connect your Windows Phone to your PC, then open My Computer (or "Computer" depending on your Windows version) and navigate into your Windows Phone --> Pictures --> etc, you might find that your "missing" pictures are still there.

I found that the screenshots I took were there, but something in the EXIF details got messed up (Width, Height showing up as 0), but when I open the pictures, they open up just fine.

So your "missing" pictures might be there, too.

Good luck!

up.. it worked.. for images.. need the same for Messaging now :D

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset, switch on phone, press and hole volume down + power key, leave them when the device vibrates once. Phone will restart and try using the things that caused problems.
Also remove your sim, and rub the gold colored area with an eraser, helps connections :).
Messaging > Settings, check things there.
I had tried these, still no chance.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes