02-19-2015 07:59 AM
49 12
tools
    Again you are comparing apples to oranges. Comparing battery usage of a WP phone to Symbian phone has no direct relationship to the topic in hand. There are simply too many variance between two unrelated system to consider. If you can't grasp this simple concept, there is no point to argue further. Like I said, my old dumb phone lasts way longer than your 808 but does that matter? No.
    03-10-2014 01:08 PM
    Again you are comparing apples to oranges. Comparing battery usage of a WP phone to Symbian phone has no direct relationship to the topic in hand. There are simply too many variance between two unrelated system to consider. If you can't grasp this simple concept, there is no point to argue further. Like I said, my old dumb phone lasts way longer than your 808 but does that matter? No.
    We get it, you don't know the answer. Does it matter? No.;)
    mister2d likes this.
    03-10-2014 08:46 PM
    This kind of suck, can't run the app on background ... i was testing asterisk sip on the employers smartphones as an internal way of communication, using sip client zoiper in android and windows phone , android was ok, but having to set push notification for windows phone got me a little confused ... i thought it was something you could set on your own without additional charges XP..
    So there is no way i can do this internally without cost ? (push notification on windows phone)

* i am starting to read on voip, but this seem really generic .
    Push notifications :: Zoiper
    Last edited by Leonardo Monday; 03-28-2014 at 12:09 PM.
    03-28-2014 11:05 AM
    You can have the push notifications without extra cost - provided you have access to the SIP server to configure it (follow the tutorial you posted or you can implement a completely different solution - Sending push notifications with WNS (Windows Runtime apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML) (Windows) has nice examples). The only downfall is that without having an MS certificate for a push channel for your app you can only send 500 notifications per day. If you need more than that than you'd probably have some extra cost...
    snowmutt likes this.
    05-13-2014 10:40 AM
    Interesting conversation as I truly did not understand this service or how it works.

However, please keep the tone civil. If it spirals out of control, I will be forced to close a thread that truly is a good subject.
    05-24-2014 02:56 PM
    You can have the push notifications without extra cost - provided you have access to the SIP server to configure it (follow the tutorial you posted or you can implement a completely different solution - Sending push notifications with WNS (Windows Runtime apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML) (Windows) has nice examples). The only downfall is that without having an MS certificate for a push channel for your app you can only send 500 notifications per day. If you need more than that than you'd probably have some extra cost...

You wouldn't happen to have any code lying around would you?
    05-24-2014 03:00 PM
    For server side scripts you can use the examples that Leonardo pointed out - Push notifications :: Zoiper

As for custom services - I can give you a solution but it comes with a price, I have children to feed :P
    05-26-2014 07:15 AM
    I usually use skype and vibor but I also use Smartgroshen app which is also good and quality of voice is acceptable.
    06-05-2014 08:19 PM
    The advantage you get with using Zoiper (or Linphone or the other non-provider-bound softphones, but for WP8 these seem as the only viable options) is that you are not bound to any single VoIP provider - you can use any and all, you can set up your own server etc. And if you and your friends are on the same SIP/IAX server you can talk/chat for free ala skype/viber/whatsapp/all-the-other-popular-options.

Anyway, we are working on an alternate solution for sending Push notifications, that should be easier for VoIP providers to integrate and it will go over certified push channel - that is no 500 per day limitation :).
    06-06-2014 03:35 AM
    I've been using Zoiper the last couple of days with my VoIP provider. The good thing about it is its echo cancelation. Callers on the other end don't notice any weird noises or echoes.

The bad thing about Zoiper is that it's buggy. DNS errors, 404 errors, calls going out get stuck in limbo and you can't hangup when it's stuck. It's a mess.

Microsoft doesn't get let of the hook for crippling the OS when it comes to VoIP either. I mean, push notifications for incoming calls? Really? Why not just make a regular VoIP integrated function? This has been done a million times over before WP8 came along.

06-10-2014 12:16 AM
    support@zoiper.com bounces back emails too. Yay.
    06-10-2014 12:24 AM
    Push is not bad - it saves a lot of battery and it's really a very small change for providers to utilize it (and even though Microsoft disclaims any real-time or reliability of the push service, our tests so far show its reliably-real-time :D). I really like that MS stand their ground on the apps not allowed in background when there is an alternative.

Try wpsupport@zoiper.com and/or wpfeedback@zoiper.com (I don't see problems with support@zoiper.com but it will create the ticket in the general issue mash-up).

Error non found and dns errors (and one way audio) - that's mainly caused by NAT and network discovery issues. You can check the help and support section (in the settings) for some stun suggestions, but that may not resolve the issue - unfortunately there is no straightforward solution.

As for the limbo calls - it's a known issue, Microsoft introduced a fix for it in 8.1 but we still have to fully migrate to 8.1
    06-10-2014 03:48 AM
    aaaaargh.... I just wrote a wall of text and i lost it }:(
    Last edited by aplced; 06-10-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    06-10-2014 03:51 AM
    aaaaargh.... I just wrote a wall of text and i lost it }:(

No worries. I don't have the energy for this app anymore. Something doesn't sit right with this company to me.
    06-10-2014 10:35 AM
    I use Smartgroshen app, simple, good quality of voice and sync with your phone contacts.
    06-10-2014 09:11 PM
    I use Smartgroshen app, simple, good quality of voice and sync with your phone contacts.

I can't find that app. It's that the correct spelling?
    06-10-2014 11:10 PM
    I've been using Zoiper the last couple of days with my VoIP provider. The good thing about it is its echo cancelation. Callers on the other end don't notice any weird noises or echoes.

The bad thing about Zoiper is that it's buggy. DNS errors, 404 errors, calls going out get stuck in limbo and you can't hangup when it's stuck. It's a mess.

Microsoft doesn't get let of the hook for crippling the OS when it comes to VoIP either. I mean, push notifications for incoming calls? Really? Why not just make a regular VoIP integrated function? This has been done a million times over before WP8 came along.

So I found out why Zoiper had these failures. I have the majority of contacts in my phonebook are in the (xxx) xxx-xxxx format. Those outgoing calls fail each time.

For phone numbers formatted in xxx-xxx-xxxx format, it works everytime.

I'm going to have to modify my entire phonebook to get it to work. In the meantime, the app had a built in feedback feature that worked for creating a ticket, and it has been reported.
    06-20-2014 06:18 AM
    Dear all

I have a Lumia 625, had downloaded Linphone client, configured it but using it when I make a call, it registers, but my voice cannot be heard by called party while I can hear the called party well.

Any suggestions?
    09-11-2014 10:08 AM
    Yikes I never dreamed it would be so complicated. Wonder if more results of others on WinP 8.1?

I love CallCentric as VOIP for both business and personal lines. I have high-def crystal clear audio from IP phone with 3 remotes that are crystal clear and on an Android connection on cox cable business wifi. I have for years used a Tracphone at $99/yr and have about 3000 minutes that keep carrying over I never use.

However when I am traveling I hate the phone or have to use it from car to check home office voice messages, or if when we lose power in a Monsoon storm. So it will switch to cell phone 4G network (probably AT&T not decided yet) if I lose or am not in reach of my router for wifi.

I had hoped to carry a Lumina 1520 (unlocked) to replace my remotes and of course for the car and traveling.

On my Asus tablet there is no noticeable battery drain - I could care less about a tiny bit of battery drain.. The 1520 has a huge battery capacity! I simply want a very high quality phone app to connect to my current CallCentric provider with 3 channels on each line (if I am on the line, 2 others at the same time can be routed to voice mail) and the same numbers I have had for 4 decades - not a new number no one will know. I never have dropped calls on my tablet, again with Android, and the socket is open 24/7 if I choose. I simply have it listed as an additional extension on CallCentric.

Is there hope for me on a WP ??? Was amazed since it works so well with Android, but is such a big issue with WP!
    mister2d likes this.
    10-23-2014 09:20 AM
    No hope at all for Windows Phone. For starters, the VOIP architecture on the platform is hopelessly flawed. Let's say for instance there was a provider that supported notifications. It's still a huge battery drainer!

I have not had any issues with battery life on Android, Symbian, or Blackberry. Other than battery concerns, it's still a broken architecture.

Beta testing for Zoiper on WP was no help either. The whole thing is a cluster. I've given up on voip for Windows Phone.
    10-24-2014 12:25 AM
    This is more likely an issue with your network. Most commonly if you're having trouble with the tx stream you are blocking rtp ports. Are you having this problem on a wifi connection or your mobile data?
    12-08-2014 12:39 PM
    This is more likely an issue with your network. Most commonly if you're having trouble with the tx stream you are blocking rtp ports. Are you having this problem on a wifi connection or your mobile data?
    That isn't the issue. Voip works fine on my home telephone and Android clients. It also worked flawlessly on Symbian when I used that.
    12-08-2014 01:25 PM
    can anyone tell me which is the best voip app for lumia520??? pls
    12-27-2014 12:33 PM
    Hey,
    I found an interesting tutorial on Codeproject that aroused my attention. Can anyone use Ozeki voip sip software development kit (voip-sip-sdk.com) for programming SIP clients to WP8?
    02-19-2015 07:59 AM
49 12