Gmail not display old mails

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi.. I can see only last six days mails in my gmail account added to my lumia 1020... I have currently configured only gmail as my mailbox along with Hotmail. Hotmail mailbox i have unlinked for now and very rarely i get mails to that.

My main mailbox is gmail.. but i cannot see all my previous mails ? Is this limitation of WP or are there any setting to see old mails ?

Pls help as am new to WP

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi.. I can see only last six days mails in my gmail account added to my lumia 1020... I have currently configured only gmail as my mailbox along with Hotmail. Hotmail mailbox i have unlinked for now and very rarely i get mails to that.

My main mailbox is gmail.. but i cannot see all my previous mails ? Is this limitation of WP or are there any setting to see old mails ?

Pls help as am new to WP

You'll want to confirm your sync settings for that email account. You can choose how far back you want to go in retrieving your Gmail.

wp_ss_20130820_0001.png

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Cool .. thanks a lot.. When i say last month will it take last 30 days or all mails starting from July 1st ? (considering today's date ? )

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Cool .. thanks a lot.. When i say last month will it take last 30 days or all mails starting from July 1st ? (considering today's date ? )

I haven't really paid that much attention, I would assume it would include all email within the last "month" period, meaning if today is August 20th, then all emails back to July 20th, maybe July 21st?

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Depending upon how much email you have in your account, the "anytime" option could certainly take a while. If you're not able to change the sync settings to something different while it is actually syncing, then perhaps try this. Go back to your home screen (Windows button), swipe from right to left to get to your applications menu, select "Settings", choose "Airplane mode", and turn that on. Then, shut your phone off, turn back on, and see if you can then get back into your Gmail sync settings to change it to something different. Then, turn off airplane mode and see how it does.

Manoj1551

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I saw your post now.. but before that since sync was taking long time, i switched off my cell.. and rebooted it..

Now after that am not able to use my cell.. Power button(button next to volume) not working.. i can just see time thats it.. So i tried soft reset(holding volume button and power button).. it restarted.. i opened some application .. but then i was not able to hit windows(home) button or back button or search button.. none of the controls were working.. eventually phone got screen locked.. i cant unlock the screen now unless i do soft reset again.. but if i do, same thing happens where none of my phone controls work..

I bought this phone with great difficulty by using every dollar i had :( i do not want to loose this.. please help..

gandhirushi

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Manoj... I know exactly what you're talking about. I have gone through this exact same problem myself on my Lumia 920 and its terrible. My phone started acting weird after I could not stop syncing "all mails" and i tried to restart the phone and all of a sudden the phone just froze. I eventually ended up sending it back to nokia and they replaced it with a Lumia 1020. This new phone also suffers from the same issue. My old iPhone never had this issue. I hate windows phone for not addressing all these little but important issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs