Loyal WP user fed up and moving to Android...why???.....Apps Apps Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
WP8 has many positive and admiral advantages over its competitors such as a smooth OS, security, hubs etc.

But I find myself looking enviously at my wife's Galaxy SII. Why you may ask?? Simply because she has major apps that I would love to have, banking apps, live tv apps such as Sky Go and BT Sport, Betting apps, better games, proper BBC apps, the list goes on.

Now I remember reading about WP getting all the major apps soon about a year ago but I'm still waiting. I started with an Omnia 7, still have it, now have Lumia 920...love the camera, build quality (apart from how many scratches the so called Gorilla glass gets)..great phone.

My wife is getting an upgrade soon and she fancies one of the new Samsung's or HTC's on Android and I'm actually going to start using her SII rather than my Lumia because I will have the apps that I want to use. I will use the Lumia just for the camera.

Never thought I'd be writing this thread because I love WP, but it doesn't give me what I want more than anything on my phone, the best apps that I would use the most.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
And you should really reach out to those Companies to make those apps, that is where it needs to be addressed.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Sure there's tons of apps but they always bugged out my last android bad too! So far I have not had any issues with my l920 at all .
Before my Lumia 920 I never though an os can run this smooth sure android is a open os but u guess that was the problem it was also open to tons of bugs

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I get the frustration. Curious if you've considered getting an iPad Mini or Nexus 7 to complement your WP. That way you'd have a small/portable device with apps you want but can continue to use the phone you prefer.

Fwiw, the GSll is quite old and I'll bet the stuttering/lag will bother you, especially being used to WP's very smooth experience. That and TouchWiz is god awful.

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The SII is running great after the last update, hardly any issues. But if your honest, WP8 needs a soft reset about once a month....freezing, tiles suddenly go huge like I've zoomed them in..WP is not bug free so whatever bugs I may come across on Android I will have to accept them as I have to with my Lumia.

I'm not writing this thread to upset people by the way, just being honest... :)

KindleFire007

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually swap my phones around depending on how I feel. I went from iPhone 4, Lumia 900, Nexus 4, Lumia 1020 (and this one's great!!) and next on my list is the Galaxy Note 3. Each OS has something I love, including unique apps. I do wish Windows Phone had more apps, but they are catching up. Definitely do reach out to you fave app devs and request support for WP. The more they hear that folks want their work on other platforms the more chance they'll do it.

All that said, there is no one phone or OS made that suits everyone. Choose what makes you happy! They all make me happy :)

sandelius

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Mtmjr90 is right. Try ipad or droid tablet with yor phone. I like many ios apps but most of them are better on ipad. So I get superior maps and photography from Nokia and great ios apps on ipad.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sad to see wp supporter leave.

Hope to see users like you back to wp in the future and maybe (just maybe) understand what experience you might be losing out when u shift to android.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The SII is running great after the last update, hardly any issues. But if your honest, WP8 needs a soft reset about once a month....freezing, tiles suddenly go huge like I've zoomed them in..WP is not bug free so whatever bugs I may come across on Android I will have to accept them as I have to with my Lumia.

I'm not writing this thread to upset people by the way, just being honest... :)

I'm not upset and I'm sorry your seeing problems with your Lumia, but they are foreign to me. My 920 is rock solid and has been since Portico.

Wait for GDR2 and if that doesn't solve it, get the device looked at. Also, allow apps to tombstone, rather than close them. You don't have to manage memory in Windows Phone.

gazmatic

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
bye bye

seriously

and dont think about returning and spamming this site

you're dead with to the platform

good riddance

windows phone needs serious users willing to make the platform successful with critical feedback of available apps, supporting developers and suggesting features that MS should add and reporting glitches

we dont need whiny cry babies that want apps apps apps

apple didnt have 170K apps at this point of their development, neither did android

if you think the app gap is too much then LEAVE

no one forces you to own a wp device

my advice... burn it or give it away... you dont deserve it

hallam555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My kids both have tab 2's and so when I'm at home I use them. I will still have my lumia for another 18 months, so not ditching it altogether, just putting it on the shelf.

If WP8 gets the major apps its missing I will jump straight back but it seems the big companies behind the best apps don't want to. I have been onto them many times asking to produce an app for WP, just falling on deaf ears in afraid :'(

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sad to see wp supporter leave.

Hope to see users like you back to wp in the future and maybe (just maybe) understand what experience you might be losing out when u shift to android.

I dont think OP is going to lose out on anything from WP. WP is just fluid smooth OS experience, but without apps, it's pretty standard. Since WP8 is new to the market and got only 3% market share, I bet it will take a very long time to be considered as a standard OS for developers. As more people use WP, developers will start to think about Windows phone and make them. Those who have an appetite for apps, will appreciate Android/IOS as all developers are building apps for these platforms first.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel like all these posts are like a highschool teenage problems whining about their boyfriend/girlfriend

Which girl or boy to choose from, I love this about them but that about others, so hard to choose.

Anyway best of luck with your future endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb