Can't see facebook or twitter under "Add an account"

NiklasP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I can't add/see Facebook or Twitter accounts under Settings -> Add an account. Linkedin worked without any problem, it was added automatically. My People App says its only connected to Outlook.com and Linkedin.

I'm running my desktop computer with Windows 8 and the People App is connected to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Skype. So i think its not a permission thing.

I also just tried to add my old gmail account on profile.outlook.com and it didn't connect up automatically.

Any ideas what it could be?

I have a bad feeling it's because I bought it in China.

Best Regards
Niklas

NiklasP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your anwser harsha_crach!

That was exactly what I not wanted to hear. Yes I changed the region and language, so Microsoft Store works great. I can download the separate Facebook and Twitter app, but I can't integrate it with inbuilt People App.I guess its in the firmware as you mention. How can I flash the ROM?

Best Regards
/ Niklas / Sweden

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your anwser harsha_crach!

That was exactly what I not wanted to hear. Yes I changed the region and language, so Microsoft Store works great. I can download the separate Facebook and Twitter app, but I can't integrate it with inbuilt People App.I guess its in the firmware as you mention. How can I flash the ROM?

Best Regards
/ Niklas / Sweden

Hi,

I don't know what device you own, can you please post what you own. Please note that flashing might void warranty aand you will lose data unless you back it up.

Last edited:

NiklasP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I actually been searching the forum and the net all night how to firmware upgrade my Lumia 1020. But I guess there’s no way to do that yet?

Best Regards
Niklas

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
I actually been searching the forum and the net all night how to firmware upgrade my Lumia 1020. But I guess there’s no way to do that yet?

Best Regards
Niklas

You have a 1020 from china. I don't know if the ROM is available since I don't support the idea of flashing, maybe someone who has done it can answer.

NiklasP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I installed both Nokia Software Updater and Nokia Care Suite. Both programs updated automatically but I still says it’s an unsupported device. Lumia 1020 isn’t even in the list of supported devices.

I guess I just have to wait.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed both Nokia Software Updater and Nokia Care Suite. Both programs updated automatically but I still says it’s an unsupported device. Lumia 1020 isn’t even in the list of supported devices.

I guess I just have to wait.

oh, I guess that is the case. I will post a solution if I find any.

NiklasP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have now installed Nokia Care Suite version 2013.27.1.5 and it has Lumia 1020 / RM-876 support. But I can only firmware upgrade chines firmware's, so that makes no diffrence. How can I flash other firmwares?

NiklasP

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I tried to flash my Lumia 1020 RM-876 with "059T665 PWBASSY RM-875 LIGHT SWAP ENGINE GLOBAL" worked fine at first but started to freeze after a while. Any sugestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes